Back with the dread

Hi

Naively I didn’t think I would be writing under this thread, This forum supported me with out a doubt through my surgery and treatment 6 years ago. But unfortunately I find myself here again, not as an onlooker but looking once again for support. I attended my yearly checkup and I am now under the uncertainty as they have found a lump/mass in my breast. Having already attended my yearly mammogram the same day, the nurse carried out an examination and fumbled across a suspicion package !!
I now have to go back in two weeks to the clinic where they will carry out the ultrasound and biopsy and diagnose. I am a really positive person but without the support of my good husband I’m finding myself crumbing within days.
I lost my beloved hubby of 22 years to this dreadful BIG C last year, why of why is ‘someone’ putting me through this again !!

Hello Judian

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you.

As well as the support you will on the forums, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Im so sorry you have found yourself here again, its a cruel world I pray that it turns out to be a cyst or benign nobody should have to go through this once let alone twice or more although unfortunately I know many do, I couldnt just read and run and wanted to wish you all the best in the up coming weeks, good luck xx

Just wanted to update this thread- I got the all clear when the did the ultra sound and biopsy.  Releif can’t discribe my feelings.   xx  but much love to those that are not so lucky as me.   Always in my thoughts. xx