Been diagnosed with Papilloma. . . .

. . . Okay that’s good news. Dr said not cancer but then went onto say needs to be removed and checked again. Thats left me confused and slightly worried, especially when i saw ’ Malignancy uncertain’ on the file he had in front of him. My op is in 4-6 weeks. I know it could have been worse news but i was kind of hoping this lump of mine would have turned out to be a harmless cyst. I had two removed in my 20’s. So what’s going on? Anyone know anything about Papilloma’s?

Hi,
I had a papilloma removed from the left side of my right boob, everything was fine, left with an indentation, less than a year later I was Dx with breast cancer, I don’t know if there is a connection but the two lumps were very different, papilloma was oblong and bc was smalll pea.

i would try and relax and just continue to self exam, but do ask your consultant if there is a connection.

good luck xx

Hi Loopy

BCC have published some information about Papillomas which you may find helpful, heres the link:

Our helpline is open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays if you would like to talk your concerns over, please call 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy

Thanku sooo much for replying to my post gordok1 and LucyBCC. I’m not the kind of person that panics easily and i would rather have all the honest information. I will check the link :).