Best compression bra!

Hi All

I have just had my 3rd surgery due to the last implant going rogue by rotating and staying very high up! Anyway, I really want to make sure that it stays/goes in the correct position this time as I have been told this is my last chance!!! I currently have the Amonea Pamela bra although I had this last time and wore it 24/7 it (Implant) still moved. Any tips gratefully received x

1 Like

Have a look at Macom medical

Hope it works this time
X

Thank you, I’ll take a look x

They do various compression bras for different reasons. I used the post op bra but I had wle & full axillary clearance

X

Sorry what is a wle?

I had a single left side mastectomy with implant and lymph node removal. Due to radiotherapy the implant was removed and replaced with a lift/reduction on the right. Obviously it’s the implant that’s been replaced this time and think the post op bra would be the best. Thanks for the advice x

Wide local excision (lumpectomy)

X

1 Like

I used Macom bras post mastectomy and reconstruction and found them great. They are quite expensive but they did send me a discount code when I emailed them and asked x

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll give it a try x

Marks and Spencer do a really Good post-surgery bra, that my breast care nurses recommend as it is very adjustable.

I also do not have this issue but found the M+S hook up bra provides great compression - literally my boobs barely move in this at all. I was very keen on having compression because I’m a bleeder and bruise very easily . After my WLE I did wear a crop top for a day or two but then went into this bra and had no bleeding bruising or seroma . What I liked most about it is that I could have it fully fastened for maximum support when walking around then when sitting I was able to undo a couple of hooks at the top or bottom so that nothing dug in. I had heat redness and swelling after radiotherapy , I wore a crop top for the appointments themselves but after that put this bra on and my skin never broke down and although my breast swelled a bit it went down on its own in time without any treatment or further assessment.

I wish I had had this to wear after my initial failed VAE as I’m thinking that if I had I probably wouldn’t have had so much haematoma or the Radiographers handprint etched on my breast for 2 weeks .

I would say this bra runs a bit small in the cup size. M+ S is affordable and if you order online they automatically deduct the VAT . I’m lucky enough to still have an M+S store locally so I order click + collect which is totally free to deliver and return . You don’t even have to mess about with labels or sealing the bag back up.

Alternatively it might be worth you having a couple of bra fittings . I had one recently from an Anita bra fitter who explained that it’s about fitting a particular bra to a particular person rather than doing some measurements and saying categorically that you a certain back and cup size . She fitted me to the Safina post surgery bra which I’ve also found to be good though it fastens at the back. Available at Eloise.co.uk - I was able to get another Anita bra at half price by going to a stockist .

Really hope things work out for you this time around xx

Thank you for replying and going to look at M & S (Online, our local store closed)! Currently strapped up like a turkey to hopefully keep it in position!
Thanks again x

Oh wow … that sounds rather awkward but I hope it does the trick . I have been known to wear a crop top under a bra for extra comfort or over a bra for extra support . I did order one bra that was a bit too big in the cup and generous around the back and actually wore that over another bra - it was to give myself a fuller bust as I’m quite small chested for an overweight broad shouldered 5ft 8in woman . I figured having had breast cancer entitled me to cheat :rofl: however it certainly gave very good support so that may be another idea . Xxx

It does sound dramatic but it certainly feels as though it’s staying in the right place, there’s no room for movement!
I bet you get away with extra luggage on holiday with that trick! Had my letter today just to remind me that this was my last ‘chance’ so I’ll do whatever it takes!
Just ordered the M & S bra (VAT free and 20% off with my Sparks card) so treated myself to matching pants! Oh the joys… Thanks again for the advice, take care x