Big bra help required

I feel the need to confess - I’ve put on an underwired bra today! Oh the comfort! I figure I have at least a week to enjoy - more if rads and not chemo the decision - and a bit of rebellion good for the soul! Needed cheering up, the horse pill antibiotics have given me oral thrush and not feeling cheerful! Xx

Good evening! Marydan I think the underwire was a no no post surgery, due to potential irritation of the scar. I’m assuming not ideal through radiotherapy, due to need to keep skin happy. I definitely get an odd throb since the op, although more rare the last week or so. I’ve been menopausal since total hysterectomy a couple of years ago and get a strange feeling in both boobs, just before a hot flush or flash, so that has been aggravating any twangs. I’m hoping when start tablets it can’t make menopausal me any worse! Kary I’m sorry you’re struggling with swelling, what joy this is - still I shall indulge in some Westcountry Poldark this evening and lose myself in nonsense! Xx

Your poor boob. Has the infection cleared. The joy of antibiotics has now left me with oral thrush and more medication! I’m wearing a wire with pride today but guess will go in soft saggy bra to oncology tomorrow. Filled a bit with dread but know you lovely lot will get me through the next bit, whatever it looks like. How are you doing Marydan? Weather not so nice in Devon today, so no going out xx

B*****! It feels like they think big boobs means you are protected somehow from cancer. Maybe we could start a campaign group!! Xx

That’s not good is it! I’m like you kary and would also need a larger size. What a bummer. I’m just going to see how I go with what I’ve got then panic if I need something bigger. Hammock at the ready!!

I’ve given up and going to line cheapest non wired ones with hankies!

Hi

im a size 42E and I’ve found a brilliant make called Anita. They do all sorts, from the pretty wired ones I used to wear, to the non wired ones I wear now. I discovered them by chance in a local lingerie shop when I was looking for non wired bras before surgery. I now have a couple that are a bit lacey but give fantastic support and a couple that are soft and more like an unwired Tshirt bra which has been fab when I was so sore with fluid building up. 

I’ve also got a sleep bra from them which is a bit like a supportive crop top but ideal. They are not the cheapest but even my BCN has commented that they are good supportive bras. 

You can order the brand online and I’ve used needundies.com but you can buy Anita bras from places like John Lewis too. I wish I’d found them years ago.

Ooh Beth thank you. I’m going shopping now for one! Kary you rebel sticking with the wires. I’m tempted to misbehave too! Xx