Biopsy results wording

Hello everyone

I had a biopsy a while ago and results were given over the phone that it was normal breast tissue. Brilliant news of course. I’ve finally received the results letter which states: benign with morphological description only. I know it confirms the verbal results but please can someone shed light on what this means?

Thanks

M

2 Likes

Hello maddy1980

Thanks for your post asking to shed light on the meaning of your biopsy results.

It’s good to hear that your results show normal breast tissue. Morphological is a term used on pathology reports, which can mean a change in the tissue being biopsied. It’s difficult for us to comment on individual pathology reports and we would always suggest going back to the breast team or your GP to explain your results in more detail.

You’re welcome to call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

We will be closed on Good Friday 29 March, open on Saturday 30 March and closed on Easter Monday 1 April.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.