Blisters on my feet

I’m currently half way through my chemotherapy treatment and just swapping from EC to Paxital (sorry for my spelling). I have four rounds to have but my feet are covered in blisters and this is making it really hard for me to walk. They are all over my toes and I have put cream on them, plasters, everything I can think of but I end up hobbling around like I’m in my nineties. I’m only 53 and my quality of life currently is zero as I’m having chemo every two weeks. I’ve had to have blood transfusions, antibiotics etc. It’s just exhausting, I know it’s for the greater good but it really doesn’t feel that way at the moment. Does anyone else get the problem with their feet as this is just tipping me over the edge currently. I’m normally a positive person but just so miserable right now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum , that sounds so miserable . Hopefully someone with experience of this will reply with some advice . You could also post in the Ask our Nurses your questions section or give the nurses on the forum a ring see if they can suggest anything . Hope things improve soon . Best wishes Jill

0808 800 6000

Hi @reese01 - I also have done EC and Taxol. Half way through the Taxol I also had blisters, peeling skin and red toes. I was convinced it was hand mouth foot syndrome which can come about with Taxol but I was wrong- it turned out it was Athlete’s foot- guess the immunity is so low that it led to me getting it- am not sure how as I was certainly not an Athlete during this period ;-). The powder they prescribed did the job and feet back to normal. Not sure of course if this is your case but you might want to show your feet to the nurses and see if it might be something brought on by your immune system being low.

Good luck and hope you find some comfort soon

1 Like

Ah that could be something, thank you so much. I’ve got chemo again next Thursday so I’ll get them to check for me. Thanks for taking the time to reply

1 Like