bone scan, lobular metastases??

Hello Helpful Ladies

I haven’t been on here for a while as I have been lucky enough to have 7 years - to the month - free of Invasive Lobular, Grade 2, lymph node negative cancer.

However, I think it may have caught up with me For the past two weeks or so I have had a niggly pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade which goes round to my scar area. Nothing to feel. I have a bad suspicion that its bone pain.

Onc sent me for a bone scan which I had yesterday and its possible I will get results today. I have convinced myself that its mets. I also have stomach aches lately and know that lobular can metastasise to the gut.

Anyone else out there with lobular and similar things happening?

This site is a lifeline for us all and i appreciate all your posts. xxx

Hi gracet

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime it might help to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Gracet
I can’t share any advice or experiences, having only been diagnosed with lobular cancer a year ago, but just wanted to wish you all the best with your results. As you say, whatever the outcome, this site is a lifeline and I don’t know what I would have done without the support I’ve had over the last year.
Pauline xx

Hi Grace,

I just thought I would reply partly to keep your thread from sliding down the board and also because I am someone who has had bc and lobular for some time now which has metastasised to my bones some 12 years after my first diagnosis. I have had bone mets now for 10 years! As you say you are lucky to have had 7 years free from bc because it is notorious for spreading, but usually I think to the other breast. I haven’t heard of it spreading to the gut though. It’s good to know that your onc ‘listens’ and has sent you for the scan to be sure. Have you had the results yet? Dlo let us know how it goes. I hope the news is good.

Dawn
xx

Thanks Dawn and Pauline for replying.

I had a verbal report yesterday that no bone mets were seen on my scan!! I am obviously very relieved by this although I still have the pain at the bottom of my shoulder blade and around my scar. I am now wondering if the pain in the scar area is nerve pain. For the moment I am happy to be bone met free!
The worst thing for all of us who have had bc is that every ache and pain is always ‘mets’!!! I know we all think the same and I feel for everyone on this site.
I only ever mention aches and pains and fears to my OH and my best friend. This is so I don’t worry anyone else when it turns out to be OK.
Dawn, you are doing amazingly well - I hope you are enjoying life! xx