Bone X-ray request after Dexa scan

I am on Letrazole after a full mastectomy & SN clearance 4 months ago. I had a Dexa scan a month ago and have been called back today for a bone x-ray. I can’t get through to the open access team and have been discharged from the breast team.
Anyone any ideas before I start flapping…:woozy_face:
Thanks
Sue x

Hello Susie,

We are here for you, can’t say why you have been recalled, however I always thinks they are double checking and looking after you. Wishing you well and finger crossed for a good outcome.

You say we have been discharged from the hospital, however I think you will find you can still contact your breast cancer nurse for upto 5 years.

Please come back and let us know how your getting on

Biggest hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like

Thank you Tili,
Yes, I’m aware of the 5-year open access care but can’t reach them on the phone and no appointment till 21st September. I’ll try my BCN instead.
:heart:

Ive had the same treatment and scans and was called back to have a xray too i was then put on biophosphanates aswell as letrozole to help with bone strength. Hopefully you will be the same x

3 Likes

Hi Suzie

I am not certain but I believe if they suspect mets, they request a nuclear bone scan rather than an xray. It is probably maybe a slight density decrease hopefully.

2 Likes

I know comparisons aren’t useful but that’s reassuring, thank you!!