Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Bristol ?

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Bristol but worried about going alone?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.

This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you all next week

Steph

Hi Steph - thanks for setting this up.

I keep forgetting I look nothing like I did this time last year and god forbid I catch myself in a mirror - I am still trying to work out if I recognise the person looking back at me. However am grateful to be alive and my appearance is the least of my worries!

Looking forward to meeting you all in Bristol in a couple of weekends’ time. My name is Mimi! (a TNBC conqueror! gettt iinnnnn!!) :slight_smile:

Hello,

My names Becki and I will be attending the younger women together event next week. 

I wish the circumstances in meeting you all were different but I’m hoping that despite everything we have all been thorough there are always positives to be found…friendship being one of them.

Thank you Steph for setting up the forum it’s a good introduction to what will be a very beneficial weekend :relaxed:

<li-spoiler> </li-spoiler>

Hello ladies.
Michelle here! I will be at the even next week too. Looking forward to making friends and hearing your inspiring stories. ?

Hi everyone,

Thanks Steph for setting this up, it will be nice to hear familiar names when we get there :slight_smile:

I’ll be the one dashing in half an hour late as my radio is at 945 so apologies for that.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Lauren xx

Hello

Thanks Steph for setting up this page. I’m feeling quite emotional just typing this.

My name is Carie and I’m looking forward to meeting you all next Friday, and having a chance to chat with other lovely people that have gone through similar experiences as myself.

See you Friday! :smileyhappy:

Hi All.
My name is Sarah, I am also attending the event on Friday. Feeling quite nervous and hoping not to make a fool of myself as I have no control over my emotions at the mo, I might be the really confident one or the one sniveling in the corner, who knows!! Thanks Steph for setting up the page, looking forward to meeting you all. Sarah xx

Hi everyone! Thanks for setting this up Steph. It’s a really good idea.

Guess what? I’m attending the event too!
Looking forward to meeting new people who really understand what life is like at the moment.

Sarah, I bet I’ll beat you to it in making a fool of myself! Come and join me in the corner!

See you all Friday!
Sally x

Hi Everyone,

My name is Claire and I will be attending Younger Women Together in Bristol next Friday.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Claire

Hi my name’s Natasha and I’m attending the Bristol event on Friday, a bit nervous but also looking forward to spending time and chatting to people who understand what I’m going through x

Hi ladies! Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow. Not sure whether to don a wig or just my headscarf! See you soon. Sarah L xx

Jen222 Jen222 Member
7:13 AM
Hi there, I am 39 and was diagnosed with this horrible disease in January 2016. I have had surgery and chemotherapy and now completed treatment. I have two beautiful children… Age 4 and 8 and an amazing husband who has been a star through all this. I live in the Scottish Borders and like many of you I’m looking forward to an uninterrupted nights sleep on Thursday( my four year old still gets up for a cuddle!!). I’m also looking forward to meeting people in the same boat as myself. I went on the moving forward course in September and it was so great to meet other ladies who knew exactly how I was feeling. Definitely made me feel less alone. Looking forward to seeing everyone, jen xx

Hi all, I’m Emma 30yrs old. I’ve travelled up from Liverpool as I managed to miss the one that was on my doorstep!
I have a 8 month yr old baby that I’ve left for the first time since she was born but I’m very much looking forward to the break!
I was diagnosed this time two years ago but I am only just struggling with it all now for some reason! Expect lots of tears!! Sorry in advance !! Looking forward to meeting g everyone xx