Booked a place on the Younger Women with Secondaries Together event in Manchester 10/11 November 2023

Booked a place on the Younger Women with Secondaries Together event in Manchester 10/11 November 2023?

Feedback has said it can be helpful to talk on the Forums beforehand and this thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the event. I will check in and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you next weekend
Steph

3 Likes

Hey, I’m Claire … I’m 40 and was diagnosed with secondary when I was 38. Mets on my ribs and hips. So far, touch wood … I responded well with Robociclib and Letrozole. I’ll be travelling on the train from Leeds Thursday morning. This is my first event so I’m really looking forward to it. See you all there :blush:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Sarah. I’m 43 (so just qualify for this group!) and I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer de novo in March this year. I have mets in my bones and in the lining of my lungs. So far I have responded well to a treatment combination of ribocyclib, letrozole, zolodex and denosumab. I haven’t been to anything like this conference before and I’m really looking forward to meeting other people who ‘just get it’. I’m travelling to Manchester from South Devon on Thursday evening. See you there!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Alison, travelling up on the train on Thursday from Midlands. Was diagnosed over the summer. Have Mets in my bones in ribs and hips. Started treatment last month. Looking forward to meeting other people with this diagnosis and getting to hear from people and getting my head around everything.

3 Likes

Welcome @claire_elise @sarah_g1 and @alison23

It’s lovely to hear from you all! I work in the secondary services team and am supporting the Younger Women’s event next weekend.

Looking forward to meeting you then :slight_smile:

Daniela

5 Likes

Hi Claire, im also travelling from Leeds on the 9th but at 4pm as i have chemo in the morning.
Im 37 (almost 38!) And was diagnosed de novo this Feb with mets to liver and bones. Looking forward to meeting you.

4 Likes

Hey I’m 42 and was diagnosed this summer with mets in pelvis & mid thorax… looking forward to meeting everyone. :blush: xx p.s not sure how to navigate a forum lol

1 Like

Hi Jenna, looking forward to meeting you :blush: xx

1 Like

Hi im Fiona, i was diagnosed for the 2nd time last February, spread to rib and spine post mastectomy 5 years ago. Im 38. Travelling from Leeds Thursday afternoon. Be nice to meet some new people. :blush:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m Sarah, I’m 40 and was diagnosed with SBC in February of this year. I had my primary treatment in 2020, then had 19 months ‘all clear’ before my secondary diagnosis. I have mets in my neck, and I’m on Phesgo, zoledronic acid, zoladex, letrozole, adcal D3 and omeprazole. I have two children aged 5 and 7, who are my whole world. I’m travelling down from Dumfries, Scotland on Thursday afternoon and really looking forward to meeting others who just ‘get it’.

2 Likes

Welcome @jenna_g @loopy42 @violet411 and @sarah-mc

How nice that we’ve got women from all over the UK coming together! We’re really looking forward to it too.

Do let us know if you have any questions, we’ll be happy to help.

See you this weekend in Manchester :slight_smile:

Daniela

2 Likes

Hi I’m Lisa, I was diagnosed with primary TNBC in January 2019 and it’s come back in my supraclavicular lymph nodes and spine this summer. I’m 44 and I’m coming from Edinburgh. Had 3 cycles of EC and my oncologist is giving me a break from treatment until January so currently winging it :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I’m Ellie and 39 years old. I was diagnosed with secondary TNBC a couple of months after my primary diagnosis when I was 36 with a single brain met (treated with Cyberknife) and this year I’ve had a single lung met surgically removed.
I did well on Abraxane and Atezolizumab for 2 years and I’m currently on Trodelvy which I’ve done 7 cycles of so far.
I’ve got 2 children aged 8 and 10 so I’m willing to throw everything at this!
I’m travelling from south Birmingham and this is the first time I’ve done an event like this so I’m really looking forward to meeting others that get exactly what I’m going through! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi Daniela,

Please could you remind me of the programme for the two days?

Many thanks,

Sarah

@sarah_g1 Here is the programme for Friday and Saturday:

Friday 10 November

10.00 – 10.30 Registration

10.30 – 11.00 Welcome and Introduction to the Event including Icebreaker

11.00 – 12.30 Medical Update - Management of secondary breast cancer in younger women

12.30 – 13.30 Lunch

13.30 – 15.00 First Break Out Group

• Adjusting / adapting to a life-limiting illness

• Palliative and supportive care

• Relationships and communication

15.00 – 15.30 Refreshment Break

15.30 – 16.30 Well-being session

Saturday 11 November

09.30 – 11.00 Clinical research / trials / new treatments

11.00 – 11.30 Refreshment break

11.30 – 13.00 Second Break Out Group

• Talking with/ supporting children

• Adjusting/ adapting to a life-limiting illness

• Sexuality and intimacy

13.00 – 14.15 Lunch

14.15 – 14.45 Staying in touch & other services and support

14.45 – 15.15 Mindfulness

15.15 – 15:30 Closing Session. Tea and coffee for those who wish to stay a while and chat with each other following the event

Hope that makes sense!

Daniela

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Emma, 41, I have secondary BC in my pericardium, liver and a few lymph nodes. It was diagnosed in 2020 (4 years after my primary) as an emergency, as excess fluid around the heart was causing heart failure.
I’ve been doing quite well since, currently on Eribulin and might be doing some radiotherapy soon. I’m looking forward to meeting you all! I’m travelling from Leeds on Friday morning as I have chemo tomorrow (Thurs). Just to let you know in advance, I have a cough but it’s not contagious, it’s a leftover from covid /chest infection I’m on antibiotics for. Hope that’s reassuring!

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m Nicky, 43 years old and diagnosed last year Feb with mets in a few places in my bones. I’ve been on Letrozole, Zoladex, Ibrance and Denosumab and have been responding well. I’m travelling from Hertfordshire tonight. Never been to anything like this before so am looking forward to meeting you all

1 Like

Hi everyone! Glad to see most people haven’t been to an event like this before either… I’m heading over from Halifax in the morning and looking forwards to meeting people in a similar boat. Friends and family are lovely, but it can still be quite a lonely place to be can’t it? I had breast cancer ten years ago and was diagnosed in April with secondaries in spine, hips and lungs. I’m on the Ribo like a few people above and it’s going well so far. I’m 41.

Jodi

1 Like

I’ve just arrived and I see a fair few have signed in. I don’t know if anyone wants to meet up for dinner? A bit difficult to arrange on here… it’s now 6.45 so does anyone want to reply with any suggestions? No point us all sitting individually in our rooms.

I think this forum may be available to anyone who comes across it - I was going to include my number but not sure that’s the best idea so I’ll keep an eye on this page I guess!