Breast Cancer Environmental Factors Program

deleted

Thanks Molly ,
This sounds like just the thing ive been looking for (unpatronising facts) everything else was begining to sound like a broken record., thanks for the link.
Take care
Lindiloo

deleted

I totaly agree with you molly, i cant believe that these issues have not been studied seriously at all here, all inital findings re chemicals/enviroment seems to have been put on the back burner here in the uk and not followed up on at all.
Why? I suppose the cynic in me says if proof or blame is found Major Lawsuits. Apart from the fact that pharmacuietical companies make billions out of cancer.Sorry if i sound bitter, but there it is.

I was shocked to read that cosmetic companies like Avon have refused to sign up to the safe cosmetics campaign, but like you pointed out on an privious thread they help fund breakthrough , so are their intensions genuine? or is it they wont sign because they are not that sure of their products safety i cant see no other explanation.
We are now being told that we can expect cancer to rise by 20% over the next 10 yrs Why? the explanations we are given are, ealier screening ?,people being more awear of symptoms?blah blah, from everything ive ever read the majority of cancers especially breast cancer is found by the women herself. Everthing we buy these days is loaded with chemicals, hell even the water we drink.
I agree with your doctor friend too, eventually when and if they ever find a cause it would have proberly been stareing them in the face all along
I think in years to come society will look back at the chemical overload we have all been exposed to with horror…
Off to email Avon for their response and MP while im at it.
Rant over lol
All the best x

Those of you concerned about chemicals and breast cancer might want to look at the No More Breast Cancer Campaign website.

Personally I think there’s a lot of hysteria about ‘chemicals’ (ie the ‘chemicals bad’, ‘natural good’ common sense dichotomy) and personally I don’t think the breakthrough link with breast cancer will be found in this area but I know for many women campaigning on this issue is a real mission.

I don’t like cosmetics corporate sponsorship of breast cancer charities particularly because I think it just done to boost their profits…‘they’ probably don’t care much about breast cancer one way or another.

Jane

deleted

Everyone is indeed on the pink bandwaggon… pink stinks as one camapiagn in the US says.

Jane

‘Pink stinks’. Oh yes, i like that…
Jx

deleted