Breast cancer or paranoid

Hi everyone 

Hi Rachael87, 

Thank you for posting on the forum and introducing yourself but I am sorry you find yourself here.

Our users are very supportive and so if you have any questions I am sure they will be along to share their stories and experiences.

In the meantime please do call ourhelplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about questions you may have around breast cancer and offer a friendly ear to chat to. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi Rachel,if you post some more information we will try our best to help.Jill.

2 months ago I had a lump on m breast a week before my period. It disappeared once my period started so I put it down to a hormonal change and thought nothing more of it.

Until two weeks ago. While in the bath I noticed my nipple indented I put this down to my period again but 10 days after my period ended it is still here.

When I stand up or lie on my side my nipple returns to normal but when I lie flat or sitting up it pulls in and indents.

My hole nipple don’t go in its the centre of my nipple. Easiest way to describe it would b if I got a needle or a pen and poker the middle of my nipple and it indented a bit. Yesterday while shaving I noticed a lump under my arm right in th centre of my arm pit.

I went to the doctors today and she said she can’t feel any lumps even though she checked my arm pit but I can clearly see and feel something there.

She said she would refer me to the beast clinic and said I should get a appointment threw in the next 10 days.

In a way I feel reassured that the doctor felt nothing but then again I don’t as I’m sure I have something under my arm.

I’m 29 and have no family history of breast cancer or any other sort but can’t stop thinking about it.

I apologise for the spelling x

Hi Rachel,good that the GP is referring you,hopefully further tests will reassure you . There is very likely a “non cancer” explanation for your symptoms ,if you look at some of the threads in the "have I got breast cancer " section of the site you will see that many women with worrying symptoms have had the all clear after further investigation .If you do get diagnosed there is lots of support and advice here and many of us who have been successfully treated for breast cancer and now getting on with our lives again.Good luck,let us know how you get on.Jill.

Spelling not that bad ???

Thanks for your reply. My appointment is tomorrow afternoon getting worried now. Can anyone tell me what is likely to happen at the appointment and how long I have to wait for results x

At your age likely you will have breast examination and ultrasound scan ,if they are unsure about what they are looking at they will do biopsy(that doesn’t mean it is cancer most biopsies are not) otherwise they will give you all clear on the day .Biposy results take about a week .Good luck.