breast lump

really scared lost my mom to breast cancer Feb

Hi new1, welcome to the BCC forums where you will soon have lots of support and shared experiences from your fellow users.

I am sorry to read that you are having such a difficult time, our helpliners are here for you with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy BCC

If you have found a lump you should visit your GP as soon as possible, they will probably send you to a speasialist breat clinic where they can run a few tests to see what the lump is.


Try not to worry yourself too much i know this is easier said then done , im not really managing that myself but i guess the main thing is to get it looked at so yu kow forsure if its anything serious.


Im really sorry for your loss i cant imagine what you must be going through but there ar alot of friendly people on here, im sure some more people will be along soon.


make that appointment with your gp, let us know how you get along



Hi There,


I know you are scared and afraid, but you must make that app with your GP.

The only fear is fear itself, I should know that, as will all the other ladies on here who have all been through the same thing.

The longer  you leave it the worse it will be, you will start to imagine all sorts of things. Especially at the moment after just losing you Mom.

Be brave and go and get it checked out.

thank you i have a appointment Tuesday at the hospital but the lump appears to be lot smaller as my period started Thursday is this a good sign very anxious x

im glad your appointment come through, i have my appointment on  tuesday and im also terrified.


i think some woman can get lumps that appear at different stages during your cycle and this is relativly normal, but the staff at the clinic will be able to tell you for sure, its always best to get these things checked out anyway…


good luck on tuesday, take someone along with you to your appointment so they can be there for you if you need you


lou X