Breast reduction after mastectomy

Hi all, just looking for any words of advice from anyone who decided to have a reduction in one boob after a mastectomy in the other.
I thought about a recon but I didn’t want to go through such a big operation and didn’t want the scar on my stomach. So I’m going reduction instead which seemed a half way house and means I can ditch the huge prosthetic.
Anyone done the same?

Hello Tired

Back in November I had mastopexy to good left breast alongside lipomodelling to mastectomy side. I had had a right side lymph node clearance plus mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction in one op post chemo and pre radiotherapy. The aim of the recent lipomodelling was to fill some rippling that had developed on the right breast over the implant.

Unbelievably it wasn’t until post op that I understood the mastopexy and that it wasn’t a mistake that my discharge report said I had had a reduction. Previously I had just thought it was a lift so that the 2 breasts better matched when I bent down. Had I realised I may never have had it done, this being because I have never been particularly well endowed. Having said that I am very pleased with the result. The breast tissue removed was around the nipple and having a slightly smaller area of aerola took some getting used to. However, the longer time passes the happier I am with the reduction and lift. What’s more, they tested the tissue taken out for cancer which I had not been expecting so was relieved to know they had done this and that there was none.

Overall I would say go for it.

Love the name by the way. It is exactly how I am feeling.

Good luck with it all Tired.

Best wishes

Abemified

Hi @Abemified and thanks for answering. Yes I was impressed when the breast surgeon said lift :rofl:. My cancer was lobular so it was mastectomy to right side with node clearance then chemo & radio so no chance of an immediate implant.

I’m glad you’re liking it, makes me feel good about deciding on that.

All the best with any ongoing treatment and I hope you enjoy your new boobies :wink::green_heart:

Hi @tired,

I’m 6 days post op for left mastectomy and lumpectomy/mammoplasty reduction on right. I asked for the reduction as I didnt want to feel lopsided being 34e on one side and nothing on the other. I was the same as you regarding reconstruction, life is tough enough and I didn’t want another hurdle and scar. Very happy with the results. Any questions just let me know. X x

1 Like

Hi @bosley and thanks for messaging. Yes I’m about a 38E and the weight is too much.
So glad you’re happy with the results and I hope it doesn’t take you long to get over the ops. :green_heart:

1 Like