Brown nipple discharge

Hi,

I’m a newbie on here and really worried, since I stopped breastfeeding my baby 8mths ago I’ve still been able to squeeze white creamy discharge from both nipples which I was told was normal, however yesterday I noticed that from one of the ducts on my left breast is a creamy brown colour, I totally freaked and went straight to the GP who didn’t seem concerned at all. She took a sample to check for infection and I’m having a blood test to check the hormones but she said it was highly likely to be a papilloma, she said unless it was really bothering me it doesn’t need treatment. I’ve recently started on citalopram for anxiety and I read that this can cause nipple discharge so not sure if it could be that? I’m really stressing as I’ve googled all sorts of things it could be so I was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences?

Thanks
Xx

Hi Mandymoo

I’m sorry to hear that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

hi mandy moo, please dont google, go with your gp, but if you are not happy go back, i had breast lump removed after my first daughter was born worried myself sick and it was nothing, that was 24 yrs ago,
just try to calm down but as i say go back if you arent happy, after a baby the body takes time to settle,sending you hugs and bumping up post xxx