Called back to assessment clinics

I have been recalled for further tests after my second routine mammogram
To put it mildly I’m terrified can’t eat or sleep and keep crying. My mum had bc in her 70’s no other family history.
I’ve had several mammograms over the years due to small lumpy breasts always been ok . Just keep thinking the worst any reassurance would be greatly appreciated thanks

3 Likes

I know how you feel, it’s a shock being called back, and the waiting really doesn’t help. Going with the statistics it’s unlikely to be cancer, but even if it is, it’s very treatable these days.

Fingers crossed for you.

2 Likes

Hello there v54sw

Sorry that you are in this situation but whatever the outcome you will only meet friends on here .
Having been monitored quite closely for some time and not having been called back before I can understand why you’re so anxious but that doesn’t mean that it’s BC. I found out after I had been diagnosed that plenty of women I know had gone for follow up tests themselves - some of them more than once but didn’t have BC. If you want to talk about your circumstances and history in greater depth then consider ringing the helpline tomorrow .

Waiting for tests and results is awful - there are plenty of posts on here to attest to that , some people , even those who have been diagnosed with BC think it’s the worst part of the process and there have been moments when I was in agreement with them.
Try to think of yourself as being the same person you were before you opened that letter. Talk to a good friend ( but not everyone you know ) do things that make you happy and give you some mental space from it . Try to find some way to build some relaxation / Yoga / deep breathing / mindfulness into your life if you can or if you have the time and money give yourself a treat. Don’t try to look too far ahead and if your thoughts want to go off down a rabbit hole try to bring yourself back to the present. Don’t be annoyed at yourself for having those thoughts just try not to follow them. Stay off Google and try to keep yourself occupied .
I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.
Joanne. X

5 Likes

Thank you it’s so easy to think the worst
Trying to be optimistic but it’s hard xxx

3 Likes

Thankyou I just can’t focus at the minute imaging the worst x

2 Likes

Maybe ring the helpline tomorrow - it might help to talk it through with a professional.
Take care x

3 Likes

After my second routine mammogram I was called back. It was just because my shoulder had been too far forward and they couldn’t get a proper view. They retook the films and it was all fine. I have to say it never occurred to me at the time that it might have been bad news. The innocence of Before Cancer!

5 Likes

Dear V54SW,

So pleased you have come to the forum, we have all been there and now we are here for you. The way you are feeling is very understandable I know many would agree with me,

Wishing you well going forward until your medical team confirm this is a cancer try not to let your thoughts run away with you.

Please take care, let us know how your getting on.

Hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

3 Likes

Thankyou it’s just so hard I have health anxiety which doesn’t help xx

3 Likes

It’s perfectly natural for you to be anxious we have all been where you are now . It is awful but you get through it . Time plays tricks on you when you’re waiting for appointments . Hang in there . If you have anything that you would normally do for your anxiety then I would do that

.Just seen this post on another thread and the reply is worth a read I think .

Thinking of you
Joanne x

2 Likes

Well I had my appointment magnified mammogram, ultrasound and 5 biopsies, the staff were wonderful
I have three 3mm calcifications in my right breast.
The consultant said she would be very surprised if it was cancer and they are so small I would not have found them during breast check.
I have to wait a week and she will call me to give me the results. I asked about the worst case scenario and she said lumpectomy and ? Radiotherapy. I’m trying to be optimistic and I know many lovely ladies have experienced worst situations fingers crossed to everyone going through this emotional roller coaster xx

5 Likes

Hi there❤️. I’ve just read your message and I feel for you. I too am about to have my second mammogram in September. I’ve read some really great advice on here and I’m trying to keep my mind occupied too. Anxiety is a cruel emotion in many ways but you can take control of your thoughts, you really can. I know this may sound strange, but at times like these I give myself a good talking to! And dare I say it I get a little angry with myself. Weird I know, but it works for me. As others have kindly already said it may not be what you dread. I will be thinking of you and I hope all goes well
Take care
Mary x

1 Like

Oh hi. Just seen your recent post! I’m sorry , not good with technology.
I’m glad you’ve got some further information. It sounds like you’ve had some great support. Stay positive. You’re doing really well. Wishing you all the best. X

thankyou
im expecting a call from the doctor tomorrow with my results. everything crossed
good luck with your mammogram xx

1 Like