can anyone help

Does anyone know of a website where my brother can join. His partner has only a short time to live she has melanoma. He says she is in denial and he is finding it such a strain. He finds it difficult to talk to me but said that he needed to talk to someone about his fears. The McMillan nurses are involved with her care. He is not one for showing his feelings and I am very worried about him. I wasn’t sure where to post this, but would appreciate any ideas. xx Eileen

Hi Eileen

If you would like to give the helpline a ring I’m sure the staff here will have some details of organisations that may help to support your brother. Lines open Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm 0808 800 6000.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator

Thanks Jo, will do Eileen xx

Hi Eileen

MacMillan Cancer Support have a helpline which is open Monday to Friday 9am-8.00pm 0800 181199

So sorry to hear about your brother’s predicament. It is hard when partner and dying person are not at one in terms of what they think is happening. Sometimes denial is a useful survival strategy but I understand your brother’s anguish…because it is so hard to say loving goodbyes when one person in the relationship is reluctant to acknowledge.

very best wishes

Jane

Hi Eileen
Another source of support is the Cancer Counselling Trust. Not many people have heard of them but I found them really helpful. I was counselled over the phone as they are based in London. The anonymity may be easier for your brother. I found it easier to be open than I would have been face-to-face for some reason. Their phone number is 02078432292. They also have a website. Anne

Thank you for the kind replies will pass information on to my brother Eileen xx