Can seromas move?

Hi lovely ladies,
Me again! So I had my cavity shave and axillary clearance 10 days ago. It’s definitely been a harder recovery though I am beginning to feel less sore. The exercises are harder too. I’ve developed what I assume is a seroma. It started below the underarm scar and slightly towards the front of the underarm. Today I feel it has shifted. I’d say its as big as a plum, but now it feels to be all at the front of my armpit like an extra breast above my real breast. It’s like the fluid has all shifted. Is this possible? Did this happen to you? It has made my underarm more comfortable though but I hope it goes away soon. Happy Easter everyone x

1 Like

Mine started around the underarm and then ended up as a large slightly flat soft rectangle of swelling along the breast incision and a bit puffy on the side on my lat muscle. After they drained it the first time, it came back more like a boob around the incision and was actually the same size as my boob. Then they drained it again and it came back faster and was bigger and harder than my normal boob. After the 3rd drainage and the steroids with chemo, it hasn’t returned. I’d book to see your surgeon in case it needs draining xx

Thanks @swk1981. That sounds pretty rough. Hope you’re ok now. I’m going to see how it is on Tuesday and ring then. I think it might be improving but it’s hard to tell. It’s very hard by the incision but the main swelling is tender. X

Mine was tender too. The draining wasn’t painful and took away the pressure and most of the tenderness. If you can tolerate NSAID’s (I can’t) then you may find it doesn’t return. Definitely worth booking in to get it drained away. Xx

1 Like

Yes i will definitely call after bank holiday. My arm is puffy and I’m worried about lymphoedema too. Happy Easter :hatching_chick:

@bluesatsuma

Have you been referred to a lymphoedema physio?

I’m meeting mine next week to take measurements to track it and to show me exercises to help avoid lymphoedema.

@swk1981 not yet as I don’t see anyone post op until April 29th. I will mention it tomorrow when I phone. The seroma has definitely reduced. I’ve been using a hot compress 3x a day for 15 minutes and walking lots. The hard area around scar is also reducing. Hoping that I’m over the worst now. X