Can you help us improve the website?

Hi everyone

I wondered if you can help us? We are doing some user testing to improve our online services. We are looking for forum users to come into our London office in Southwark for one hour to look at some ideas we have for developing our website.

The date we have set aside in Tuesday 4th March (between about 10-4). Each session would be one-to-one with our web content manager and an outside ‘user experience expert’. It should only last an hour per person and of course we would pay for your travel.

If you would like to join in or want more details could you email our content manager, <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%4e%69%63%6b%54%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%22%3e%4e%69%63%6b%54%40%62%72%65%61%73%74%63%61%6e%63%65%72%63%61%72%65%2e%6f%72%67%2e%75%6b%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script>

Thanks for your help

Ann

Hello

I have gladly rearranged my diary to accommodate this but it is such short notice.

Glad to see that you are inviting out inpout though.

I’d like to see indexing of some sort. The same old questions come around tiem and again and poor souls out there all sit waiting for site users to respond when the answers have been given over and over.

Best wishes

I would like to see a section just for people who are new to the site to introduce themselves - it’s a bit daunting getting stuck in to a thread where lots of people already know each other.

Hi,
I would have loved to help but unfortunately that is the date I get my surgery results and plan my future treatment.

I came to the site 4 weeks ago when I had just been diagnosed and have found it a comfort.

As a new user i agree with Manou68 completely. I am trying to find someone my age who is at a similar stage and this is proving to be difficult especially as some of the chats have been going on for a long time.

Good Luck

I’d like to have a picture gallery of people with different kinds of reconstruction and surgery with different breast sizes etc to get an idea of how people look. I found there wasn’t much when I was diagnosed particularly of breast conservation surgery
I would like to come on the 4th but I think I will be working probably

Mole

Hi Mole

That sounds a very good idea, and other people have made a similar suggestion. I’ll keep you posted on this thread about progress towards that.

best wishes

Ann

Hi Dahlia

We will try to improve this - do you use the search facility. This can often bring up threads of interest?

Best wishes

Ann

I’m too far away or I’d have been happy to do this. Good for you for user testing. I’d really like the means to search for the threads that I’ve bookmarked or contributed to. It would save time finding them and help us to have discussions rather than strings of disjointed contributions.
Sarah

Thanks Sarah

Please keep your suggestions coming. I will ensure that they are passed on.

Best wishes

Ann

Hi

Unless it is already there and I cant see it - Id like a message box as a user and linked to the messages either I post or send - as I can never remember which threads I have commented on to go back to them to read more messages/replies so if someone replies i may seem rude in not replying as I cant remember where I posted the message!!! Maybe there is something already and am being blind as cant see it!!! But if not just a simple ‘sent’, ‘inbox’ and ‘draft’ would be good to flag up when you log in.

Thanks
Zippy :slight_smile:

Think Zippy’s idea is a really good one - I’m also always losing threads particularly if they aren’t in the usual sections I contribute to. I do try bookmarking them but then with so many threads posted, they can quite quickly get lost if You are not on every day. Could we not have all the ones we have bookmarked listed separately? Or some means of searching for them if that isn’t possible?

Can’t make the date next week though would have liked to if they’d been a bit more notice…

Thanks

Kay

I would love to help but can’t just now. I think the photo idea is great and would love to volunteer as I am having surgery on14th March. I have already suggested that my breast care nurse take some pics after my opp as she has no pictures of her own. if i can help please let me know.
Keep up the good work we need this site to keep us sane, Maz

yes I agree I am new to the sight too and find it difficilt searching through threads to find where I last posted.
I am just too far away to attend from Aberdeeshire Scotland and have only just started treatment.

This is what I would love to see.
I would like to be able to tag one user in order to track down her new posts or comments (A my friends type of thing).
I would also like to have my bookmarked discussions to always come at the top of the screen.
Being able to click on a person’s name to send a Private Message
Having my own inbox where I could see if I have any Private message
Being alerted to my (personal email address) if anyone answers a thread that I have started. This would mean having a profile which would remain private.
Create an alert on a thread that I follow, or an RSS feed.
Being able to rate a discussion, for example the one with list of things you need for chemo. So people can sort their results by highly rated posts rather than having to bump them up all the time.
Tagging would also be nice. You could tag a discussion that you like using your own words and using tag cloud to quickly get back to those discussions you like.
Instant messaging with users online.
On the information pages: Information on what different Health authority offer. For example Here you pay for prescriptions, there Hospital prescriptions are free. Here they have massage, there they have regular counceling. This could be done by authority and then broken down by hospital.
Sophie

Improve the legibility - it is still a problem. Change the grey to a stronger colour.

I agree with Zippy - finding threads you have contributed to is a problem - a flag of some kind would be good. Most of the other forums I go to have them.

Information on what is available at different centres.

I would like to see the forum changed to a ‘proper’ forum using software like vBulletin, PHPbb or InVision like the majority of forums on the internet are.

Agree with Phoebe - please change the font to something that is friendlier and more readable - not this horrible small and depressing dark grey. And Zippy: somewhere to see which threads we’ve posted to would be good. And Mole’s suggestion re photos. To be honest, I’ve often ended up on the big American BC site to find medical, treatment and research information, especially in the early months of treatment. And Sophie’s suggestions are so very useful also. Gosh, your web designers are going to be busy!

I’m keen on having stuff on research going on - breastcancer.org in the US is very good on this, it gives you an idea about how good the results are as well

I wouldn’t mind a page of links to other sites too - such as cancer backup. Mind you their book on breast reconstruction could do with a bit of an update as the pictures in it don’t show very good results. Maybe that is the idea - to put women off having reconstructions as there aren’t enough surgeons to go round

Mole