Capecitabine How is it?

I am going to start Capecitabine tablet chemo soon

Any advice would be much appreciated

Take care everyone x

1 Like

Hi Rose I had 6 cycles of capecitabine (Cape) as my last treatment after 6 cycles of FEC-T chemo, surgery then radiotherapy. The first cycle of Cape I had nausea and my white blood cells (neutrophils) dropped too low so I had one week gap and oncology lowered the strength which I know was fine to do this after seeking advice from Maggies Centre as I was concerned it might be less effective. I had Cyclizine Hydrochloride tablets and they helped the nausea. fatigue continued but certainly way better than FEC-T. Good Luck and if you have any other problems just post. Very best wishes Joan xx

Hi Joan
Thank you so much for your reply. I am hoping to cope well with the side effects. And hope it is effective to arrest progress. I have a 60th birthday to celebrate in June & my younger sons 30th in July!

Following a lumpectomy I had 4cycles of EC chemo & 15 radiotherapy in 2022. A local recurrence lead to diep mastectomy in 2023 & this Jan confirmed 3N in lymph node & small tumour in liver.

Wishing you all the very best xx

Hi @Rose3N, I found some info on Capecitabine on this page on our site:

https://breastcancernow.org/about-breast-cancer/treatment/chemotherapy/chemotherapy-drugs/capecitabine-xeloda/

I hope you find it useful.

Our nurses are here to chat things through if you’d like to be in touch.

Sending our warmest wishes
Bernard