Change in breast shape

Morning
I was diagnosed with primary breast cancer on the 9.03.24 and secondary cancer on the 26.03 after an MRI and PET scan.
I am meeting my oncologist tomorrow and yesterday I noticed a change in my breast shape. I have a large dimple across the bottom of my breast.
I’m petrified. What if it’s so advanced that they cannot treat me. I am only 44 with two kids and I’m not ready to die.

4 Likes

My right breast was a completely different shape from my left before treatment and my lump was so large it was visible from space (or so it felt!). I had a mastectomy and lymph nodes removed but the cancer hadn’t spread and I didn’t need chemo, just some precautionary radiotherapy. So don’t panic but wait and see what your results show. I hope it’s good news for you too xx

2 Likes

:heart:do please ring the number here if you can and speak to a nurse :heart: you sound still in shock with everything :heart: has anyone in your team given you an idea of your treatment plan yet or have they yet to advise you? Take it one step at a time, one treatment at a time :heart: be kind to yourself and keep reaching out here :two_women_holding_hands::heart:the bcn forum has got you. Use everything bcn can help and support you with :two_women_holding_hands::heart:everyone will reach out and share experiences :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Dear Irishbabe,

Take one day at a time, at the moment, easier said than done.
We all run away with our thoughts and anxiety, which is only natural.

Wishing you lots of luck today with your appointment please come back to the form and let us know how you’re getting on. We’ve all been there and now we’re here for you.

With the biggest hugs Tili :pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like

I had a lumpectomy in December and mine is very lumpy and funny shape since, i know it will take a while to heal completely , so i think maybe you are just worrying because it’s different?
(As I am) my advise would be to talk to your oncologist and take one day at a time.

1 Like

I know its easier said than done, but try and stay positive. There are so many treatments out there now that can help you lead a longer life even if it uncurable. I have secondary bc that has spread to my bones. I had a dimple in my left breast that has left a scar but I dont need any surgery on it. My diagnosis is uncurable but treatable and I’m hoping the treatment keeps working for a long, long time. I’m 41 and a single mum to my 3 kids but I have faith and hope and will keep fighting it. Thats all we can do. We are all here to offer you support through it all too. Sending positive thoughts and I hope things work out for you.

1 Like