Change of LHA due to m

Hi all. I’m 2 years post WLE surgery and Radiotherapy for a caught early invasive hormone related cancer. This was my 2nd brush as I had an in situ and wle 13 years previously.
I have recently moved out of my original LHA who were wonderful. I immediately ( mid April of this year ) registered at a GP in my new area but was sent an appointment for my 2nd annual mammogram from the previous LA, I rang and explained the situation , they cancelled that appointment and I rang my new GP to request my care now be transferred to my new. LHA. They were very confused as how to do that , even the referrals team couldn’t help as it is “ongoing treatment” and not a new referral. I’ve contacted my previous BCN who has said I’ve done all the right things and a new appointment should come through quite quickly. ( The bowel cancer home test came to my new address with no problems by the way ) I’ve contacted my GP surgery so many times regarding my medication not being correct or sent / delivered. Not once have they got it 100 percent right. I’m sorry this has turned into a long rant but I don’t have BCN to contact and still haven’t received my annual mammogram appointment. It’s almost 2 months late now. What should I do ? I hate being the complainer but am so anxious right now.

2 Likes

Hi @Unity

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it a helpful and supportive place.

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through it’s not a surprise you feel frustrated.

Please do have a look through the various boards and topics to find those going through similar experiences or for places you may be able to share your experiences and knowledge.

This is a very supportive place, so please do ask any questions you may have. I am sure someone from the community will be able to respond with their experience.

Sending our love,
Lucy

2 Likes

Thank you Lucy. I have finally had it confirmed that I have been referred to my new LHA. It took the GP from mid July to the end of August to do it but it’s definitely done.
I rang the helpline here and got some very useful contact numbers. I’m really grateful to you all.

2 Likes

I’m so glad to hear you found the helpline useful @Unity. Our nurses are always here for you, as is the forum community.

Sending our love,
Lucy

Thank you, I’ve heard back from my new BC team and not only now have an appointment for the 9th October for my mammogram but also an appointment to see/ meet the breast care nurse in early November. Feeling much less anxious now. Thank you all. X

1 Like