Chemo Buddies - starting 24th June 2016?

Hi - I know it’s nice to be in a group where people have gone slightly before, but I wondered about people starting the same DAY?

Hi AngeNut, 

Thank you for posting and I am sure some of our users will be along shortly to support who are starting Chemotherapy around the same time. There is also a Chemotherapy Monthly thread for June starters which you may wish to join.

In the meantime if you do have any questions please do call the helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

You may not have many if any start exactly the same day you will be better off either to join the June thread or I noticed there is now a July 16 thread appeared! I commenced chemo on March 27th 14 and joined the April 14 thread as most of the March ladies were on their second cycle. Whichever thread you choose you have come to the right place for daily support from others that know what it is like! Good luck.

Hi .I start my chemo on the 23/6.we could be buddies if you would like to xx

Hi, I’m 22nd June so literally only 48 hours ahead. How have you been doing?x

Hiya, glad you are doing OK, that’s great news. I think my next one is the same day as you … FrI 15th July. The only reason I was a few days earlier was so they could do the picc line that day. I’m ok physically but emotionally very up and down (never that ‘up’ to be honest at mo. I’m in both threads really but more so June.
Glad the cramps have sorted out now, not pleasant for you.
I do go for a walk every day. I’m a marathon runner so finding inactivity really gets me down but a walk is helping. Do you try to carry on as normal?xx