Chemo effects with my mum

hey everyone,
my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer and cancer in her lymph nodes in mid February. she is currently about to start her second half of her chemo. she has been told the drugs are FEC D. she has not had her surgery yet as they wanted to monitor her due to having 4 lumps in her breast. so far she has been feeling slightly sick but more so tired after her treatments, she also lost her hair 11 days after her 1st treatment. she has been told her side effects will get worse but i am worried she may get more side effects than what she has had. she has just finished her first 3 treatments of FEC. i am unsure of what exactly the name of the next treatment is. i was just wondering if there would be a chance she might become more sick or have more side effects? she is also currently on antibiotics to help her system as she does not have a spleen.

thanks
Nic

Hi Nic and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sure your fellow users will be along with support and information for you shortly, you may also find it useful to call our helpliners, here you can talk through your queries and concerns. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday on 0808 800 6000.

The following link will take you to the BCC ‘Treatments’ information page where you will find more support ideas for you and your Mum along with information about treatments/side effects:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=treatment

Take care

Lucy

Hi Nic, you’re mum’s probably moving on to Docetaxol next. It’s hard to say how she’ll react to it as everyone’s different but personally I found Docetaxol a lot easier than FEC. I was less nauseous, just achy and tired. She’s lucky to have your support helping her through the tough times!

TJ

Are you talking about Docetaxel, I had a very bad experience with it. It was prescribed to one of my friend and she was having fatigue problem with it. I agree that FEC causes pain but when I had Taxotere (Docetaxel) has its own side effects too.