Chemo JAN 2017

Morning - is there anyone out there?! Just popping in to say hi, hope everyone is doing okay? X

I’m still receiving notifications from this page so I’m happy to come on here and chat to anyone who wants to stay here and not move to FB. I do love our FB group though! I feel like I’ve suddenly got all these lovely new friends! Hope everyone has a good weekend. R x

Hi all!

I am still here, I just haven’t sorted out FB yet - I had a scare when I set up an account and it immediately started presenting me with dozens of my family, friends and work colleagues. I panicked and logged out quick!

Blue, Suze and Wtp have been giving me FB tips and I will try again.

I finished RT a couple of weeks ago and I have been enjoying the new found freedom of no appointments for a while.

I did a Lymphoedema Awareness course at the Haven, it was really useful and informative, I would recommend going to one of the centres if you are near one, they provide all sorts of help. I attach a link to the page where you can find the daily exercises, aimed at trying to avoid Lymphoedema.

I also had to buy a new handbag with wider straps - following medical advice obviously!

breastcancerhaven.org.uk/Pages/Category/haven-at-home?Take=18

I hope everyone is doing OK?

hugs to all, Beedot x 

Hi Beedot. Hope you get on FB soon. I think if you just join and then ignore all those friend suggestions, that will be ok. No-one knows you’re there unless you tell them! But listen to the others as they probably know how it works better than I do. I’ve been to the Haven for nutrition advice and I’ve got counselling and massages to come. It’s lovely there isn’t it? Perhaps we should meet up! Glad you’ve finished rads and hope you’re feeling ok. R x

Hi all,

this is the first time I have read any of these threads, i wish I had joined this before now.

I was diagnosed in Jan, had 2 wide excisions and still no clear margin, started chem0 in March, finished on 3rd July and due a double mastectomy end of Aug.

I had 3 EC and 3 docetaxol. I have peripheral neuropathy, swollen ankles, extremely swollen eyes which are nearly closed first thing in the morning - has anyone else had this?

There was a post about looking down and getting an electric shock in the feet - I get this and thought I was going bonkers!

I feel better reading all of this and I think my expectations are have been way too high, after 3/4 weeks I expected to be myself and all side effects gone. I havent lost any nails but they are very tender and it sounds as though this can still be a possibility.

As I said, I wish I had joined this forum at the beginning

xxx

Hi Kan. It sounds as if you have had a tough time. You are very welcome to this thread which has been amazingly supportive to everyone on it since January when we all started chemo. You may also get some helpful advice from the March starters thread since you started chemo in March so will be going through similar things to all of them. This thread isn’t as active as it used to be because recently one of our clever members started an FB secret group and most of us have migrated there. You are very welcome to join us on it. Just let me know and I will add you. I’m glad you have found the forum - it’s never too late to get some much needed support, advice and solidarity. Good luck. R x

Morning lovely friends!
Have been absent a while, travelling for 3 months in between houses. Would love to join the new Facebook group if you will have me! How do I do that?
Unfortunately I have lymphodema which is a bit of a bxxxxr.But you know what - I am still here and feeling good!
Hope you are all progressing well.Love and Hugs
Mooney
?

So lovely to hear from you. It’s beyond my technological capabilities so I’ll get the others on to it!

Mooney, like Scotty said , its fab to hear from you, we have been hoping you would come back to us on FB!

???

Hello Mooney! Nice to hear from you! Do join us on Facebook and tell us of your adventures these last few months. Theres enough of us there for a great party, though we are sadly still missing a few warriors - beedot…nickyh…and a couple of others.

Welcome back Mooney in every sense! Hope to see you on FB soon. Sorry to hear about the lymphedema - how annoying. Robin x

Yay Mooney!! Are you on FB already? If so, send me a private message with your real name and what your profile pic looks like and I’ll send you a group invite. It’s a secret group so no one will we you’re on it other than the teddies. If you’re not on FB, set up an account using a new email address if you want to keep your profile off the radar of friends and family and be sure to check your privacy settings, then send me your profile name…
Good luck and let us know if you get into any difficulties. Great to hear from you! Xxx