Chemo

Yes chemo is scary

Hi Coralie, 

I am sorry to hear you are feeling scared. There are loads of users who have had experience of chemotherapy who I am sure will be along to show support. You can also look at our Chemotherapy information pages. 

In the meantime you can always call ourhelplineon 0808 800 6000 to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hiya I’ve found out my DCIS is low grade so it will just be a 4cm removall and 3 weeksxx radiotherapy. Feeling a bit more positive. I would love to hear of anyone that had same experience.

Hi all I have my surgery for wle next week then rad in ny but today I went to see my bcn and she said if the lymph node he removes shows cancer I may need chemo. Worried again now I thought I was getting together now the surgery is booked but this has plunged me back into anxiety. Chemo is the one thing I don’t want. Rebecca x

Totally understand the fear about chemo. My friend is going through chemo and it’s very challenging for her. Another friend had a mastectomy after a lump was removed. Then cancer in her lymph nodes but she had radiotherapy and tamoxifen. She was 34 then now 53 and cancer free. Ask about other options. Good luck.

Hi Claire

Although I still pray ?I don’t have to go through it it seems some but not all women say it isn’t that bad as they’d feared. How much hair if any did you lose with the cold cap?

Recently I was speaking to my friend whose mother is terminal (but not with bc) and she went through chemo earlier this year and didn’t find it as horrendous as she’d thought so if someone like her who is quite ill anyway and much older than me maybe it won’t be as bad.

Rebecca xx

Hi Claire I think I would definitely have the cold cap no matter how bad it is but I don’t want to tempt fate so far I haven’t been told I actually am in line for having chemo so hopefully I won’t. X

Hi blueash

Is that pic after the cold cap? I can’t see that clearly but it looks like a full head of hair from here.

Is the days of feeling well or unwell the same for each chemo cycle or does it get worse/better?

Rebecca x