Chemotherapy and Anxiety

Anxiety about it all.!

I recently just had my first round of chemotherapy (red devil) and my anxiety is thru the roof. Is this normal? I haven’t ever felt this before I’m so scared and anxious about everything. Any experiences or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum , sorry you are feeling so horrible . You could connect to people going through chemo at the same time and share experiences / get some support by joining the November chemotherapy monthly thread , I will post you the link .
If you are worried about side effects you should have a number to ring for advice - don’t hesitate to ring it .
@Shi any advice ?

2 Likes
1 Like

Hello there, it is a huge deal starting chemotherapy , both physically and emotionally. No wonder you are feeling it! Try and be kind to yourself and know that it won’t always be like this. I had red devil too and as part of that had steroid tablets for a few days after each cycle. They did make me ‘race’ and things felt heightened short term. Natural to be anxious, but if you are also on other meds that might play a part temporarily? Big hugs and all the best to you, julie xx

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @teddybuddytime

It’s a kind and supportive place and I hope you find what you are looking for. The thread for November chemo starters that @Jill1998 mentioned can be found here: November 2023 chemo starters.

We’re thinking of you.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

1 Like

:heart: as Jill1998 has kindly sent you the chemo thread link you might find sharing the whole magic carpet ride that is chemo with others who are flying on the magic carpet too, you’ll hang onto each other, raise each others spirit and give each other strength when anyone wobbles :heart: as much or as little as you need, it can be your lifeline and safe place to say what you are probably protecting friends and family from (just as most of us have during treatments) sending big :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

I must apologise in advance and hope that I don’t upset you because I really don’t mean to but I’ve just read this and your first 2 sentences made me laugh today - it is just what I needed after my first chemo last week for HER"+ non itchy! I hope you are getting on well.