Chemotherapy-deciding to accept or not with statistics given.

I have had bilateral mastectomies a month ago.I have been told I may be offer.Dilemma is that none of the 7 cancer areas found were no bigger then 7.7mm. I opted for the left breast to be removed to avoid recurrence in years to come as I had lobular cancer which is a kind of a sneaky cancer. What I have been told that it is my decision in relation to statistics given. I have grade 2 non-aggressive cancer,lymph node negative,no lumps bigger then 1cm and I am 51 years old and relatively healthy and active person.The benefits for combine(cham.and drugs ) therapy is 10 people would benefit out of 100.Having either drugs for 5 years or cham.would benefit 6 out of hundred people just feels a difficult decision to make with the statistics which are marginal. ts difficult  to know what to undertake. What do people think?

Hello Manisha1

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you.  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator