Core guided biopsy test.

Hi don’t know what to write,other than my head all over the place,last few wks have gone by in a blurr,from being in docs about a lump, to having mammogram an ultrasound few weeks back,that showed not only have I got a lump but also a suspicious mass in my left breast ,to now tomorrow I’m having a core guided biopsy,bit apprehensive say the least,my health is not good best times, as I’ve had a bone disease for 11 yrs that taken most my joints an left me crippled with pain,now I’m dealing this an it is constant playing on my mind more than my disease ever as,to where not sleeping,hence thought try a forum for any advice,and how long after such test do you wait for results ,trying to get Christmas spirit but just can’t ?..any advice much appreciate .thank you ally x

Hi Ally and welcome to the BCC forums, I am sorry to read that you have this worry

Along with the support you will find here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 on 0808 800 6000 and our team are here for you with practical and emotional support

Take care
Lucy BCC

Thanks Lucy
Im not long back from having the most horrendous core biopsy,def not what i expected,over 10x’s she stuck needle in me an took samples from me,as ive got a lump an quite large mass. :-(at one point the bleeding was terrible, an the aching,left me very tender to say the least an bruised,but she was really lovely who did do my biopsies, I’ve just gotta get through the waiting now,thank you ally x

Hi Boa
Thank you,i do think it most diff part the core biopsy I’ve had some tests over the yrs but that gotta be worse evet :-(…They usually do the results on a Thursday she tild me yestetday,but as xmas falls on Thurs (just my luck)it will probably be just after,so hopefully not too long to wait to get them back,it is the difficult part waiting…I’ve just gotta try get on best can while do wait,hopefully xmas gonna keep me busy with family an friends to take mind off for bit,it’s the quiet night time when thinkin comes back :-(…hope you doing ok yourself to x x