Hi all. I’m due to go on a 3 night break to Benidorm for a bit of fun and sun st the end of March. Just heard there is an outbreak of the virus in Barcelona today. Not sure what to do! Scared to go now and risk picking up the virus. Anyone else in a similar situation? Might have to call the tour operator and speak to my GP. Nightmare as so looking forward to getting away!
Just having the same conversation with my husband over dinner. We’re due to go the French Alps in May. We’re going to monitor the situation and take a view nearer the time. I guess the key is what happens in Italy over the next week or so and where it goes from there. X
If in doubt why put yourself at risk? I don’t think you’d enjoy it for worrying. One of the ladies in my support group has cancelled her Italian holiday for just that reason. Our lead BC nurse fully endorsed her decision. You just know that we won’t withstand that virus. Im dreading getting on the plane back from Lanzerote in case someone has a cold, never mind corona virus! ?? It’s a right bugger. X
We have worked with other health charities on guidelines around coronavirus.
You can find our page here: breastcancernow.org/about-us/media/statements/advice-coronavirus-people-cancer
Should you wish to chat to someone on our breast care team, you can reach our nurses on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).
Sending our best wishes to all