CS new

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed in early January with 45mm invasive breast cancer, ER+ and HER2 +ve. Quite a shock as I hadn’t felt a lump or had any problems.
In the first round I’m having 12 x paclitaxel and 4 x Phesgo and 3 Zoledonic acid, followed by 3x EC, lumpectomy and radiotherapy. Quite a cocktail!
After my first session, I had problems with my Liver Function Test and treatment was suspended for a week. It started again yesterday.
The side-effects were quite disturbing after the first treatment- shivering, delirious, aching bones, headaches and a spotty face! The effects usually kick in about 36 hours after treatment. Maybe this week will be a bit better.
During my treatment yesterday I started to have a reaction, so extra steroids and antihistamines were administered and the treatment was restarted.
Hope this information helps anyone else having a similar treatment. Reading the experiences of others is helping me through it.

Best wishes to all

CS xx

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums Carol.

Those side effects do sound a bit scary. Your team are obviously looking after you by pausing the treatment and also giving extra antihistamines etc.

Have you spotted the Chemotherapy monthly area? There will be a group of people who all started chemo around the same time and are sharing their experiences. It can be a useful space to share tips and tricks to get you through this part of your treatment.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for that, ill post on the February chemo starters now.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @carol2

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. As @scientistamafier has mentioned, our monthly chemotherapy threads on the forum are full of tips, tricks and very kind people. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Please also know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

We’re thinking of you,
Lucy

1 Like

Hi @carol2

Sorry you’ve found yourself on this forum but you will find help and support from many lovely people. I noticed you are HER2+ and wanted to let you know that there is a thread for us HER2+ people if you would like to join.

I am also HER2+ and ER+ bi lateral ( 2 primary tumours) I had surgery in July , then 12 weekly Paclitaxel with Herceptin 3 weekly, radiotherapy, due Zolendronic acid shortly. I am still receiving Herceptin until September and am on Letrozole.

I hope you join the monthly chemo starters as it’s good to share experiences and support each other with side effects.

Take care :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You will realise you are stronger than you think. Always ask for help when needed.

1 Like