Cutaneous metastasis

Hello everyone, my first time posting on here. I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in October 2021. I had a mastectomy of my left breast with no reconstruction. My tumour was er+ and HER2+. My lymph nodes were clear. My treatment was 3 sessions of EC chemo followed by 3 Docetaxel. 18 sessions of Herceptin. No radiotherapy required, but take Tamoxifen. My treatment finished in May last year and I’ve felt good since.

Like most people I’m very scared of recurrence. I’ve done the Moving Forward course but still petrified. 3-4 weeks ago I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck and a small nodule behind my ear. My neck is stiff and the muscles feel tight. I went to the doctors and they thought it was fungal. Gave me antibiotics and some cream. This cleared up the red itchy patch and reduced the lump behind my ear (although it is still there)! I’ve now stopped the tablets and the cream and the red itchy plaque on my neck has returned. I am absolutely petrified and have googled my symptoms. Has anyone on here had cutaneous metastasis of breast cancer? I’m back at my G.P in the morning. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated thank you

2 Likes

I think we all feel like you do when anything a little different health wise comes along vast majority of times it’s nothing cancer related and skin mets are not very common but knowing that doesn’t really help does it ? I would ask for an opinion from your breast team , presuming your are still under them 2 years after finishing treatment if not ask for a referral , I know it’s scary but hopefully they will be able to put your mind at rest pretty quickly .

2 Likes