D. Day

Hi All

I discovered a hard lump measuring approx 2 inches across my left breast 2 weeks ago. Im 47 and usually fit and healthy so finding a lump has been quite a shock to the system ! Im off to the breast clinic on Thurs, my appointment is at 2.35 and hubby is coming with me. The worrying is driving me insane,im trying to be positive and keep myself busy with work etc. I know im being paranoid but in the last few days everywhere i go i have been reminded of breast cancer London Marathon, i bumped into an old friend i hadnt seen for over 10 years and she had a double masectomy (by choice) as she had lost both her Mum and sister. She’s so brave and im whinging about going for an appointment! rant over xx

hello mum47

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi mum47,

Welcome and this is the place to rant and its ok to be stressed and worried we girls in the waiting room there are a few of us like you waiting to hear some good news. Keep posting it does help :).
I had mammogram today and I have to wait til next monday to see the consultant feels like forever …:(.
Take care of yourself and keep us all informed of how you go.
Best regards,
Foxy x

Hi Mum47

Sorry to have to welcome you to the waiting room.

I would rather be in any waiting room than this one :frowning:

I, to, am worried sick so can’t offer much in the way of support, but I do know how you feel.

Honeypot xx

Hi mum, I won’t be on later so just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes x

Hi Mum47

Lots of luck for tomorrow afternoon.

xx

Hi Mum47,

Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow… let us know how you get on lots of positive thoughts and wishes for you here :slight_smile:

Foxy xx

Hi there mum,

You’re not whinging at all, it is perfectly natural to worry and wonder about what is going on with you…

Good luck with your appointment.

Thank you ladies for all your kind words, it really helps to know that im not the only one in the ‘waiting room’! Big huggs to you all xx