DARLING RADS OF JULY X

Hi kim68
I had my rads in preston and didnt have any trouble I managed everyday to get on the carpark outside the doors my appointments were always 10/45 are
11.45. I never hit any traffic once it was a
good time they will give you a parking
vouchure for free parking …also a card for
free coffee etc everyday…they give me a
sheet on my first day of rads with all my
3weeks appointments… so if your not
happy with the appointments you can change them I noticed the traffic was good when I went first time for measuring and tattoos at 10.45 . So I thought that would be a good time to go I told them I have to get my daughter to school and be there for when she finished so they were good with me …As far as missing a rad day im not sure that could be done but if you mention to them when you go maybe they can sort something out.it took me about 35/40 mins where you traveling from ? X

Thanks Christine I’m coming from Lancaster.Did they keep more or less on time?Im mainly wanting to avoid the traffic which is terrible and make arrangements for my dog so he still gets out morning and afternoon.

Hi ladies ,
Have been following you all on the radiotherapy thread and Christine has been in touch re rads at preston and advised me re parking permit . I was diagnosed in May , had my 1st lumpectomy on the 20th may then had to have anouther operation to get clear margin on the 4 th June at the moment I’m on my 2 Nd course of antibiotics as iv developed cellulitis and have to go back to the breast clinic to get it checked . I’m waiting for a planning appointment at preston . It’s good to get advice from you ladies who have gone through with rads etc, this forum is a blessing as even though iv not posted a lot is good to know we are all fighting this together . Take care all of u . Julie x

Hi Julie ,we may well be there the same time I am waiting for my planning appointment at Preston too.

Hi will let u know when get my appointment , x

Hi Anita,
Got ur message its not letting me reply?? Will call you this weekend. Would be great to meet after your rads session next week. ? Dee xxx

Need some advise? I’m on Tamoxifen, been on them now for 2 months+, with no side effects. I was told these would take me through the menopause and I’m reading on other pages that periods have stopped! Is this the case for everyone as mine haven’t, if anything worse due to not being on the pill! Am I to expect it soon?

Also read that someone GPs said the more side effects the better its working(maybe I should stop reading), as now Im thinking still having periods, no side effects, return of the s***.

Am I looking/reading to much into this?

Shell

Morning Shell68
Not right sure on that one but sure if you were ginna get SE you would be doing in two months plus…im on Letrozole because I have already gobe through the change…but the biggest SE on mi e is menopause symptoms but I havnt had them so every one is different wouldnt worry to much abiut it maybe your periods will just slowly fizzle out looks like your one of the lucky ones not having SE. .im reading my meds leaflet as we speak to see if any SE on these Adcal-D3 have any SE. ha! Some times maybe we do read into things to much I never took any tablets up to having this I would rather not take any at all but needs must im afraid…take care x

Christine x

Shell,
What a load of rubbish you have been told. Your tamoxifen is still working. I have no side effects too from tamoxifen. Count your blessings and know that it still works regardless. ?I think some doctors use the line ‘oh that shows its working’ to reassure women who are putting up with SE’s. Dee xxxxx

So true DizzyDee
Well said x

Sunday i’m doing the race for life. I’m writing a small article for The Royal Marsden. I’ll be walking round but the fatigue is getting better since i’ve rested up ? will give you a buzz Saturday or Sunday evening whichever is best

Hi, I am very excited to have nearly completed my first week of rads and today I get to celebrate with my first comp.therapy :smileyhappy: then space over the weekend. So far so good :slight_smile: wishing you all a lovely weekend x A x

Go Anita and to all the girls going through rads 2 days off. ?xxx

Morning shell68
Hope you feeling better and looking forward to the weekend ive been woke since 5am said ti hubby last night if we wake early we will go for early mornibg walk…its a bit drizzly here at the moment so gonna hang on till it fines up im determined to keep these long hill walks
up…I think my itchy blisterd boov may start to peel soon that steroid cream did it good its drying up now need ti keep slappin in the Aqueous cream I even showerd in it yesterday my skin feels so soft …take care and enjoy your weekend x

christine x

Well done Waveylocks its a good feeling finishing rads?. I finished Monday and have a peeling tit. Also nipple area really dried up and scaby. Didnt have this during rads. Anyone else had this? Xxxx

Morning Waveylocks
wow you were on here early today your getting as bad as me ha…im still slapping my cream on but this morning my boob is very ichy and dry looks like its ginna start to flake and peel this week they did warn me of this too…best to just keep slapping xtra cream on keep it moist…looks like us june RADS are gonna be all shedding together…take care x

christine x

Thanks girls good to know i’m not alone in that one. Heres to peeling pink boobs xxx?

Hi ladies just wanted to say im.currently sweltering in menorca in 32 degrees! 3 weeks post rads and no problem with skin at all, been slapping 50 factor on radiated area and no probs so to any of you worrying about going on holiday pls dont! Xx

Coming up for 2 weeks post rads.  Skin still dark but no peeling. The swelling/hardness seems to be subsiding and my boob is going softer, though feels lumpy! My nipple is still sensitive and the friction when walking etc irrates it.

Has anyone tried ‘normal’ bras again yet? 

Glad you are enjoying your holiday Kim.

Dee, after saying earlier no s/e from Tamoxifen my period is 4 days overdue…

Hey Jo, give my love to Arenal.We haven’t been for 2 years but spent 9 happy years there on holiday when my son was growing up, many happy memories .