December 2023 chemo starters

I’m sure there are other December chemo starters.
How are you getting on?

2 Likes

Thank you for starting the thread . @Shi @Sue_C any advice ?

1 Like

:heart: anyone starting chemo Dec2023, sorry you find yourself here but do read previous threads, do reach out on here and use bcn as much or as little as you need :heart: get your teeth checked before starting chemo, get a thermometer, get your wig voucher from your trust if you want to have a wig, also check with your macmillan at your trust if they have any pre loved wigs they usually do and you can purchase for a donation :heart:do think about donating your hair to little Princess trust if you are not cold capping, lots of us have over the years, it turned loosing hair into a positive as it helped a child with a wig for them. Do ask your macmillan about a look good feel better course too :heart: most importantly do it your way, step by step, day by day, there are no right or wrongs, get through as best you can, hold onto each other on here, you will get each other safely through, you will be each others :two_women_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands:and safe space to rant, cry and believe it or not laugh :heart: you’ll share stories of botty block caused by steroids, and lots of other things but you will get each other through and who knows, like lots of previous threads could end up arranging a meet up for when your all safely through :heart: do remember these threads are open to the world so do keep safe on here :heart: ask away as much or as little as you need BCN has got you and everyone here will reach out too :two_women_holding_hands::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

I had my pixie haircut yesterday. I took a little plastic bag to take a sample of my hair home. I had wig appointment today and came home with a wig, a base hat and scarf and I now know how to tie a scarf.
My picc line will be fitted on Monday. First session on Tuesday. EC x3, then Docetaxel x3.
I have a a thermometer, polo mints, lemon sherbets, hand cream and lotions, baby shampoo, covid tests.
At least I can stop the letrozole for the next few months.
I have recovered physically after my mastectomy 9 weeks ago, but this week I’ve been feeling as apprehensive as the week before my op.
I had botty block like I’ve never experienced after my op due to anti sickness meds. I also have a box of laxative powder at the ready, and I’m not afraid to use them.
Helen x

1 Like

Hi, I am starting my treatment on Wednesday. Can someone give me info on donating hair to the Princess charity please. Dont know if my hair is suitable but I would love to be able to help if possible.
Hope everyone gets on ok, I will keep my fingers crossed for you all x

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @princessfiona . I’m sure @Shi will have info about how to donate . Best of luck with your treatment .

1 Like

:heart:sorry you find yourself here :heart: if you go to https//www.littleprincesses.org.uk all the information you need to know if you are able to donate your hair is on there :heart: if your hair is not suitable or long enough do not be disheartened :heart: the fact you’ve thought about it means so much :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Thank you Shi, I have sent them an email, fingers crossed x

1 Like

:heart:Princess Fiona :heart: hopefully you get the ok and able to donate your hair like you wish to do :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Just got my picc line in this morning. Process wasn’t too painful. The nurse played soothing spa music to ease the tension.
It looks like it’s just you and me @princessfiona starting this month.
I hope it goes well for you x

2 Likes

Same to you too isitreallyme. Got my 1st session on Wednesday hopefully. Apparently my veins aren’t very good but going to try anyway, then having a central line in before second round.
Will be thinking of you x

1 Like

I’ll let you know tomorrow. I was told over the phone last week they will give me anti sickness pill to take at breakfast tomorrow. Almost didn’t have it. Luckily I remembered to go back and ask for it before I left the building x

2 Likes

Good luck with your first session today , hope all goes smoothly .

3 Likes

Hi I have my 1st chemo on Thursday. Haven’t got a wig yet but have ordered a shed load of beanie hats. Need to go shopping for mints and lemon sherbets as not got them yet! Anything else I need ?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m starting chemo this month too. Getting picc line put in today @isitreallyme good to hear that it wasn’t too bad. First EC of 4 tomorrow afternoon followed by 4 paclitaxel, all 2 weekly. Thought I was prepared for this but the closer it gets the less prepared I feel :sweat_smile:. Anyway lots and lots of luck to everyone starting this month. x

7 Likes

On my way home from 1st succesful session. Feeling good at the moment. I wasn’t expecting to be given a bagful of extra meds on top of the 3 anti sickness I took this morning. Even have to inject myself!
Stopped in supermarket for something tasty for lunch and drop in prescription for limbo picc cover.
One down, 5 to go x

2 Likes

@beanie1
I was advised by previous chemo patient to wear something soft, like trackie bottoms as jeans made her hips bruise.
Make sure to wear a top which can give easy access to your picc line, short sleeves or very baggy sleeves. I took a throw in case I felt cold but it was really hot in there. Another lady was using one.

Helen x

3 Likes

Hi everyone, nice to meet you! I have just had my first EC of 3, then 4 docetaxel followed by mastectomy. Also phesgo for a year (HER2+).
No Picc line so far, just a cannula, which I’m happy with. Feeling fine now, we’ll see tomorrow :crossed_fingers:. Not looking forward to the seven daily injections of filgrastim- it’s going to take a bit of courage to stick a needle in my own tum!
We can do this!

5 Likes

Thermometer, anosol, black nail varnish (helps preserve nails through chemo) soft toothbrush and maybe wear a perfume that you’ve not had before or will want again through chemo so you don’t associate a perfume you love with chemo (I wore one I’d not had just for chemo so I didn’t associate any of my usual perfumes with chemo) don’t know if that makes sense to anyone? :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

The dexamethasone they gave me this morning started to wear off mid afternoon. Feeling meh now. Had a sickness pill half hour ago as instructed. I have 5 filgrastim injections to do from Friday. I’ll try to persuade partner to do it.
I’m off to bed now. Bucket is close by just in case. Not taking any chances.
X

1 Like