Diagnosed 13th June 2016

Hi everyone I was diagnosed a few weeks ago an after lots and lots of tests I had surgery on Wednesday to remove 3cancerous tumours from my right breast, I have to have radiotherapy and chemotherapy my diagnosis is stage 3 invasive I’m 41 and scared silly looking for answers and support x

Hi mumofmany, 

Of course you are…such a blow to have to contend with. Just wanted to say how glad I am that you decided to share things with us. I found that intially, I was going round in a panic, but after getting my treatmrnt sorted I felt better and more in control.

i was a. Little older than you…just 52. When diagnosed, but working snd had my life just where I wanted it! I was given news that i had just a 25%  chance that it would NOT return within two years! I had 12/13 lymph nodes pos and scoured the web to seek out people who had survived for a long time with so many pos lymph nodes! I had rads and chemo, (I needed a mastectomy.) 

well that was in 2001. I am grateful to be here. What I found was that all the terminology and the technical news from doctors frightened me. However, once I had settled. Into the treament I felt so much better…

this forum is a really supportive place to be and to get support from others, do let us know how you get on.

we are all here for and rooting for you

hugs

Moijanxx

Hi Mumofmany,

so glad you found us and are sharing your story. We are here to support you all the way, even if it may only be virtually. It really is a great place to be and we are happy to share our knowledge and experiences with you.

I, too, was diagnosed with an invasive bc, which was a grade 3. I hope you do not mind me asking - you say stage 3.  There is a difference between stage and grade. Has your treatment team shared both with you, as yet? 

If you are able to, it might help you to share your fears - we may be able to put your mind at rest on some of them. And with others we may be able to share our experiences of dealing with them. Any questions you have, please feel free to ask them, we shall do our best to answer them. However there is also the helpline with some fantastic people on the other end of the phone -  0808 800 6000 to support you, too.

As you call yourself Mumofmany, do I presume rightly that you may have children? 

Hugs

Sue xx