Diagnosed after 1st post op mammo - after dcis last year

Cherry my mom would absolutely insist hers are better because they are ‘original’ lol x

You can only drink Babycham out of the "special glasses "!!!

SueW
I think it’s the Bakewell tart bit…or that liqueur Cherry B! Whatever it is, it’s good! Cherry has me smiling! Btw, I’ve always been called a Manchester tart,hahaha because I live in South Manchester!

And what about Riesling, Sauternes and Liebfraumilch wine in those days?? Jackie Magazine and Top of the Pops!!! Birmingham bags, Bay City Rollers and Shawaddywaddy!!! Fruit salads and blackjack and Parma Violets! Sorry, going back in time now!!! Better try to get some kip but hardly likely.xxx

Ck hope you managed some sleep …,.I saw showaddywaddy last year they did a show at the Alexsnder theatre in Birmingham but the only original left was Romeo and he was 76 I think they said but show was still awesome
I also saw a show called Jackie the musical … google it was so funny if it comes to s theatre near you well worth x watch for a big shot of nostalgia x

Count me in for the Spa too please! Have been awake most of the night. The waiting for this appointment on wed to find out what stage the cancer is seems endless! Going through different scenarios in my head. I have a sore rib and an aching shoulder so that is not helping me at all. Just getting through the days at the mo. Trying to be normal and getting the kids ready for school tomorrow xx

Ali I promise once I start to sort (will be after my chemo) I will find out where everyone is and try and find a central place between us all so 1 person does not have loads of travelling to do xx I will put an invite on here and everyone will be welcome x have you tried the dream dream or sleepy by lush or even the boots botanics lavender sleep spray ? I swear by dream cream and it has helped others but some have said the other things also someone put on a post about Valeriac from boots or holland and Barrett x good luck for Wednesday do please keep us informed as to how you get on xx ?

Sounds like we are of a similar age CK !!! Where in South Manchester are you -my son is at Uni there and has house in south Manchester .

Hi Jill
I’m classed as South Manchester too.xx

Hope today wasnt too draining for you jencat and will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck xxc

I am ok Jencat. Yes anxious about scan results but just wanting treatment plan too. Had lots of messages from work colleagues today when they found out. All lovely and encouraging x

Got good news today as both the ct and ct scans were clear!! Phew!! The hardest day ever as i had convinced myself that the cancer had apread! Anyway as this tine cancer which was in 23mm of benign calcifications is grade 2, ER+ and Her2+ so i am starting chemo in 2 weeks alongside herceptin and Perjeta. I will pronably have 6 cycles and a month after treatment finishes i will have a masectomy. Mad to be relieved at this treatment plan but i was. Thank you for everyones support and good wishes xx

Should have said ct and bone scans xx

Hi Ali
Good news! Isn’t it strange rhat even though we have a journey of treatments ahead rhat we feel relieved when it’s not as bad as we thought. Now you have a treatment plan you will feel better so you can use the next 2 weeks to prepare yourself for chemo. You feel feel lots better if you are in control.

Thank you Ck. How are you feeling? I am certainly going to be listening to every bit of advice you are goving xx

Hi Ali
Not too bad today. About to do my GCSF injection. Hopefully will have a better appetite as yesterday survived on Croissants and milk.
I think it was the nerves leading up to my haircut too so didn’t sleep well the night before.
Slept better last night. Off the 2 days of anti sickness pils so waiting to see how I feel.
My diagnosis is similar to yours other than I will have another op after 6 cycles of chemo to take away pre cancerous cells on the margin b4 rads.

So you have 2 weeks to prepare yourself which is quite good as then you feel some kind of control.
I’m glad I got my hats and wig sorted and all the other bits to make treatment as comfortable as possible. Remember a digital thermometer, fruity drops, mints, ginger nut biscuits, sanitised for home and handdbag, separate rubber gloves for kitchen and barhroom (different colours)
I’m loving the smell of dettol at the moment but not bleach!
I’m munching on Midget gems and watching TV and feeling pretty settled although burping a lot both ends???

Thank you Helena xx

I know Jencat it’s mad! Do you know when your treatment is starting?

<Empty imported post>