Diagnosed. had the surgery, now awaiting meeting with Oncologist

Hi Everyone.

My breast cancer got picked up on the standard 3 yearly mammogram on march 13th, after various tests and meetings, I had the lumpectomy on March 31st, but also had quite a few cancerous lymph nodes removed from under my arm. I have had a ct scan and now awaiting the bone scan, before all the results are given to the oncologist to move forward with treatment.

I have been so impressed with the speed and efficiency, but also, it hasn’t given me time to catch my breath and I must admit I am dreading seeing the oncologist, as I have been reading scary stuff about cancer being present in the lymph nodes and the more detected, the more likely it will have spread?

Anyway, positivity is the order of the day, my two daughters have been remarkable and my extended family,plus my husband has been an amazing support to me.None of the immediate family or close friends were told until our youngest daughter came home from university on 28th, as for me and my husband, it was so important to tell our daughters first, together and more importantly face to face.

Dear fowey

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sure you will find lots of support here from fellow members.

You could also contact our helpline to talk things over.  They can offer practical information and emotional support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator