Diagnosed Under 30

Hey,

I’m Abbie and I’ve just been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I’m literally in such early stages yet, having only found out a day ago.

I wanted to start a thread to see if there is anyone else here under the age of 30. I’m currently 27 and feel like I’m the only one my age going through this. It would just be nice to speak to someone who can relate.

So far the family, friends and boyfriend have been amazing. Genuinely don’t know what I would do without them :two_hearts:

3 Likes

:heart:Abbie sorry you find yourself here but others will reach out to you, do look at the younger women together in the bcn website and do think about joining the other threads too during treatments you all get each other through :two_women_holding_hands: our oct17 lot did. A good book that helped me when I was diagnosed tnbc at 45 is surviving triple negative breast cancer by Patricia Prijatel a 2 x tnbc survivor herself. It’s not for everyone but it helped me. Ask away on here everyone will reach out, use the someone like me option too and ask tge nurses either on here or by ringing the number :heart:get yourself booked on your look good feel better at your local MacMillan you get goody bag of makeup free and afternoon with others either going through cancer or who have completed their treatments :heart: and a make up artist teaches you lots of tips and tricks :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

3 Likes

Hey Abbie,

I hope you are doing as well as you can be and really glad your family have been so supportive. You definitely aren’t the only one so please don’t feel alone - I was diagnosed at 29 and have since met quite a few young women, some I now call my friends. They say it’s the club you never want to join but it contains some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. I also used the breast cancer now someone like me service and was able to speak to someone who was my age and had finished treatment which was really helpful and reassuring so I would recommend that. Sending you love xx

3 Likes

Hello lovely :heart:

I hope you’re doing okay after your diagnosis. Feels like a silly question :heart:

I am also 27 years old, currently still waiting for HER2 results to come back.

Mine is Grade 3, currently no lymph node involvement. 2cm tumour. Chemotherapy has been advised due to cancer not being able to respond to the hormone medication.

What are your next steps after diagnosis? I know it’ll differ for everyone, I’m just intrigued as our paths may be similar.

Sending you love and positivity :heart:

2 Likes

Hi , sorry you are here . You’ll find lord of support .
There is a journalist called Rosamund Dean who was diagnosed with TNBC at 40.
She is active on Instagram but she has a great book called “ Reconstruction “.
Take care xx

1 Like

Hey,

You know what’s odd, I’m kind of weirdly okay. I think that’s now throwing everyone off but I just said sitting around crying won’t change anything, unfortunately we just got dealt a bad hand and all we can do it try to power through and do what’s needed!

Still no idea what grade I’m at, but given the size I’m thinking 3 like you only I have lymph node involvement. From there I had a breast MRI and CT scan. But thankfully the CT scan came back clear but they’re doing an PET scan next to be sure and now I’m finally due to meet with the oncologist on the 10th, so hopefully my chemo will start soonish after that!

Fertility though…I’m honestly so unhappy to be waiting 3 weeks later to meet with the team! Now there’s a good chance I won’t be able to freeze my eggs as I’ll probably start chemo before hand. My consultant it pushing it for me though, so fingers crossed please! But yeah, if I can’t freeze my eggs because of the fertility team messing around I’ll be really unhappy! I know there’s other options, but not the point when this should have been an option for me. I mean, it might still be but the vent was currently needed!!

Thinking of you through this time! I know it’s been hard on me every now and then anxiety wise, so here if you ever want a rant or chat :two_hearts:

Thank you for replying to me.

How big was/is your tumour? I’m starting to really panic about it potentially spreading/getting bigger.

Grade 3 I believe is how abnormal the cells look under biopsy and how they think they’ll grow.

I’m so pleased to hear how positive you are. It really feels so hard for me right now after only getting the diagnosis yesterday. I’m hoping to push and through and feel a bit more positive soon.

I’m so sorry to hear about the fertility side for you and I really hope they speed up this process for you. It sounds really frustrating. I hope your consultant can do everything to push this one through :heart:

Sending you loads of love 🫶🏻