Diagnosed Yesterday Afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience! No lymph node involvement is a bright spot in all of this darkness for sure. I had an MRI today and am meeting the surgeon on Tuesday. I definitely agree that everyday is moving slowly! I wish I could just have all of the answers now but this is teaching me something about patience for sure.

Thanks you so much!! I am definitely ready to see what I’m dealing with and get the ball rolling. Sending you virtual hugs too! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I appreciate you reaching out.

Yesss!! All of this! And fighting two cancers at once seems so unfair, though I know you don’t need me to say that. Thank you so much for sharing! According to this post your MRI is tomorrow so hopefully you get some good news and I’m wishing you the best of luck! :heart:The waiting and gaps between everything causes me the most stress. I’m so ready to get the ball rolling so it was great that you were able to get everything taken care of during your appt for your mammogram. It was a three week wait between my mammogram/US and my biopsy and it was awful! Way too long in my opinion. I had my MRI today and it went well. I meet with the surgeon on Tuesday so we’ll see what’s next.

Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much for sharing! I have lymph node involvement which is very scary. I know I’m in a better place than if this were to happen years ago but this still sucks so bad. Hoping treatment is going well for you!

Thank you so much for sharing! 17 years ago is amazing!! Posts like these give me so much hope! :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your story with me! Fear about what to expect from surgery is so real, especially if you’ve never done it before. This would be my first time having surgery ever so I’m very nervous about it. No Maggie’s near me but it sounds so comforting! I will check out the other community as well. Thank you again!

Here’s a massive massive virtual hug for you my Sweet. Once you get your head around it, you seem to gain strength and it’s not a death sentence xxxxx

1 Like

Hi Nika,

I’m so sorry, but I’m so happy that you are here for support. I am 4 years out from my diagnosis and surgery. I have one more year of tamoxifen. That is another story and hopefully you don’t have to worry about it.

My best advice to you is let people help. They will want to help you. Ask people to bring you food. That will make you feel better and it will make them feel better. And it will keep you connected with your friends, family and neighbors.

Hang in there. This is the scariest part. It gets better.

Char

1 Like

True words.People mean well saying things such as be positive.But often we need a little space to cry and express our feelings.I am lucky I have a very supportive family and friends .What I dont find helpful is when people who know my husband tell us to be strong.They compare my invasive grade 2 ductal cancer experience to their 82 year old grandmothers breast cancer journey saying “oh your wife will be fine Granny was”. "Everyone’s cancer journey us individual.It has been helpful to talk to a friend who had the same cancer as I .She had a lumpectomy and radiotherapy and hormone treatment like I will have.Talking to other people with breast cancer really helps as they really can be supported and can understand how we are feeling .

1 Like