Diagnosed yesterday

Hi
I don’t even know what I want to say my head is all over the place. I keep looking at my children and my husband worrying how they will manage without me and how I wont be there for weddings christmas and just everyday things. I’m so frightened. I have an appointment on Tuesday and scared that it’s spread and won’t be treatable. So far I just know that it’s aroughly 2.5cm cancerous tumour in my right breast.I know no one can tell me what’s going to happen. Take care everyone xx

Hi Pebble

I’m sorry to read of your recent diagnosis. It sounds like you’re having a pretty tough time, I’m sure some of the users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime if you need to talk things through or have some extra support do give the helpline a call. Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

hi pebble,
your obviously going to worry and think all sorts of terrible things, we all did that and its normal. i wont even try to say dont worry because you will anyway. what i will say is that its found and will be sorted, there will be lots of waiting games to play havoc with your mind but you are now in the system and they will do whatever it takes.
i imagined all kinds of things for a good few weeks, thankfully i dont do that now and i was only diagnosed in february, see how quick things change. once treatment starts you will see things from a different perspective, talking to the ladies on here has been so good for me, even silly questions that you might not want to ask people you know, we can help with all of that. or if you want a moan, we do that too.
i hope you can get to a happier place very soon, anytime you need a chat, this is the place.
kindest wishes,
angie xx

Hi Pebble,
I was diagnosed last week and I thought my world had ended. Now I fluctuate between knowing that is a highly cureable cancer and panicing that I won’t get to do all I want to do. Talking is good, I have told all my family and friends and my work colleagues were told yesterday. It is surreal because I expect you feel as well as you did just days before the diagnosis but you know you have this horrid disease. I am waiting an MRI scan ( week on Tuesday) and can’t wait to get it all underway now. Feel free to chat any time.
Sam x

Dear pebble my thoughts are with you at this difficult time waiting is just the worst I’m a little further along than you and due to have a WLE with a sentinel lode biopsy on the 8th may since I’ve known what’s to be done it is easier to deal with believe me it may not seem so at the moment this is the place to come to off load to ladies in a similar position we are always here for a chat please feel free hugsx

Hi Pebble,I was diagnosed in march.How you feel just now is the hardest part but it does get better once you know what is happening.when you are in the waiting room try and keep yourself occupied as this helps as angiepops said you are in there quite a lot.When my mind wanders I come on here and read the posts takes my mind of myself.If there is anything you want to ask just post it won’t be long before someones along to help. Take care Meggy x

Hi Pebble, I was diagnosed in March and have had tests, biopsies and lymph node sampled, etc. Alot of this is a waiting game for various results, you will have good days and bad, you wouldnt be human if you didnt worry - BUT you will be looked after by professional caring people who know what they’re doing, I try and tell myself every day I am lucky that this was found sooner rather than later.
It is true what meggy-moo said, if you come on here and read other posts/stories it does take your mind off yourself, even if it is only for a while.
Stay strong x

Hi Pebble
I was diagnosed around 4 weeks ago and I’m having my lumpectomy tomorrow :wink:
Like everyone says, what you are feeling is very normal and we have all felt/thought the same. I have lots of fun with my kids and I’m just taking each day as it comes. Strangely enough I’m actually looking forward to my op because I know they are taking this thing out of me. After that, it’s back to the waiting room for 12 days again until I get my results and a full treatment plan.

The ladies here are absolutely amazing so you are in the right place :wink:
take care & lots of hugs
Martha
PS - Someone on here recommended Bachs Remedy - I bought some today and its a great help for anxiety xx

Hi Pebble
i can only reiterate what others have said. The waiting is the worst time. Once you have a date for your op and have got past all the tests you’ll find your inner strength. The feelings of guilt etc are perfectly normal. I know I had them myself. Unfortuantely you didn’t ask to be here but you are and you have to put up a fight!!
I am two weeks post mx and ANC. Had results today. I had 5 tumors and 2 lymph nodes involved. It’s all been taken away so in theory I no longer have cancer. The chemo, rads and hormone treatment are all precautionary.
I will be here for years to come ‘Don’t look back look to the future because that’s where you want to be’
I recommend Bach remedy. It’s great for calming you down and promoting positive thoughts.
Good luck and big hugs
Emma

Hi
I was dx over 5 years ago. And whilst chemo isn’t pleasant, it’s ok. You can do it.

Thank you all for your replies. In one way I can’t wait till Tuesday till at least I know what’s going to happen but on the otherhand I’m dreading it in case it’s spread and there’s nothing they can do

Pebble, until you know what kind of tumour you are dealing with, your head will be all over the place. Mine was 3cm and grade 3 with nodes affected. No matter how much we worry, cancer doesn’t spread as quickly as we think it will. I know you can’t help having negative thoughts, but please try to be positive and remember - the majority of breast cancers are curable. Please be assured that your treatment plan will make you feel much more in control and positive about your future with your lovely family. You will be around for many, many more years to come yet. Sending you positive thoughts and (((BIG HUGS))) Good luck for tomorrow.

Poemsgalore xx

Had my results yesterday 3cm grade 2 ductal. I broke down and asked the consultant if there was anything they could do ! He looked a bit bemused and said yes of course and started talking about treatments. Plan is to have a lumpectomy on 4th June and he thinks I’ll need chemo because I’m 41
Feel a bit better now there’s a plan but still v scared
Thanks for everyone’s messages

Hi Pebble

I am sorry to hear about your dx. I can honestly say that the lumpectomy isn’t too bad. I had mine on Friday and I feel great. Only problem is that Im back in the waiting room which is a pain!

Buy a post op bra from M&S and some arnica cream (only use the cream around the wound). Keep the bra on all night also. I have little to no swelling and bearly any bruising.

Good luck for the 4th,
Martha xx

Wanted to give you a hug and cried and smiled at your post when you mentioned him being bemused as that made me happy for you RE treatment and I feel like you with the breaking down and panic I don’t know how I will react next Thursday. You have a plan you’re in good hands.
Thinking of you xx

Hi Pebble

I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things and getting to grips with your treatment plans, etc.

As well as the support you are receiving on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi Pebble,

My tumour was ductal invasive, 3cm, grade 3. They won’t know the size or grade properly until after surgery as it will be examined in the path lab. they compare the tumour with normal tissue cells and the changes that have taken place to find the grade. I don’t think chemo is dependent on your age, as I know women much younger and older than you who have had it (I’m 62). It is more dependent on grade, nodal affectation and whether it is hormone sensitive, HER 2 positive or triple negative. These terms probably won’t mean much to you at the moment. The point is, there are treatments you can have. I am just coming to the end of chemo, one last one, and although it isn’t pleasant, it is definitely easier than I thought it would be. Once your treatment plan has been decided, you will feel more hopeful about the future.

Best Wishes
PG xx