Diep in 4weeks at wythenshawe encouragement needed.

To Northumbrian1 and Chillipink, i was a bit worried i may have come over as too happy but i thought it would be helpful as Chillipink was feeling concerned, i am blissfully happy with my new “girls” lol

Chillipink i had the uplift on the left as i was a FF when first seen by my surgeon and she told me to loose some weight, i did 3st in four months, and she asked if i would like to be smaller, i said yes please and she said fine i will reduce and lift for you and she did an amazing job, i am now a DD. I had my doubts i was doing the right thing as it got closer afterall 7hrs in theatre is scary BUT you are asleep so will not know till you wake up. Glad i have helped you both with my comments.
Sue x

Hi sue lol a double ff .no wonder you had an uplift lol.I’m 34d so probably will not need an uplift although not sure…sue and northumbrian don’t worry I don’t have any doubts.I know it’s not a walk in the park but I want breast or breasts what ages with me and grows when I put on weight and goes small when I loose weight.Im really pleased you are both on the mend.I have had a c section and a hysterectomy so have an idea. About what I’m up against.thank again

Hello Chillipink
I’m now 4mths down the line from having the reconstruced surgery I had mine done in april
from my tummy and I won’t lie it has been had but wow the benifits from it is great can I ask who is doing your surgery
as my conslutant from the RVI in Newcastle has just gone to Wythenshaw hospital if it’s her you are in great hands good luck xxx

Hello

Just a little reminder that we do not allow the names of health professional to be posted on the forums. Please feel free to PM each other if you wish to exchange this information.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi to all the ladies
As I said had mine done in April but my conslutant would ot do my other boob
at the same time as she said she would like to see how it went first
mind you i’m a big girl (42G) but the new boob is smaller than that
i’m waiting to go in and have the other on reduced and lifted but saw my ew conslutant last week
and she said it has another two months to drop but i’m o the waiting list need to have it all done b4 xmas as i
was 1st diagnosed in Oct from my mamogram in Sept as mine was not a lump it was calcium
xx

Mentioning no names I was on 2 waiting lists at the RVI(I dont know how)-one of whom moved to Manchester so it might be a small world! My op 2 wks ago done in RVI too.
My bc (oh! I’m getting the jargon!) was lobular not a lump.
Question partic to Auntie Wendy and Jinxy who are ahead of me-
the dressings nurses say to massage wounds with E45. Friend who had tummy flap done last year said Bio oil
I used Bio yesterday then read details today- don’t use on open wound- how open is open? No dressings on now
E45 is loaded with paraffin- surely that is a mineral oil as well?
What did you use?

Hi purple shine so glad to hear your on the mend.getting bi nevous now.been reading about knickers after diep are they just full ones or are they special support ones.what kind of bra do I need not been told anything about post op and what to wear.------Northumbrian how are you and your recovery I’ve private messages you -----jinxy how are you also--------roxygirl I’ve private messaged you with some info .hope all you reconstruction ladies are recovering well and enjoying your flat tummy xxamanda