Diep in 4weeks at wythenshawe encouragement needed.

Hi ladies .oh well I’ve made my decision .I want boob that grows with me and ages with me so I’ve chosen diep.my god what a long haul it seems to be hope it’s worth it.,flat tummy thrown in can’t be bad.xx amanda

anybody been thru or havin same done .advice,comments,most appreciated .Scared

HI Chillipink
I am quite new to the forum & not into the jargon.
I had a TRAM flap done on Tues July 30th and came out on Sat Aug 3rd. Maybe a DIEP would have been better but had to lift muscle too. had main veins lifted but finer ones too fine ( I would expect that from one so fine!!) I have been back to hospital for 2 x weekly dressing changes and they are very pleased with me. All dressings off except for one tiny square mid abdomen. Today saw me starting on massaging scars with Biooil-; new breast (R) coming down in size. Like you I just wanted a DIEP or TRAM abdomenal flap done (not enough fat/muscle on my back & not enough on aabdomen at first- surgeon told me to eat pies- I fattened up & was told yes!) So I have had to have a mesh put in to stop hernia; I did ask would I still be able to do my gardening & archaeology & PS said YES!
I was terrified before the op- 8-10hrs with your life in their hands! But eventually parted thinner from the loo ( I actually had to come back out of theatre area to find a loo!) and just crossing bridges as I came/come to them.
I have been shopping today for husband’s golf trousers at M&S - a treat for him as he is being managed by me & does not do/see all the jobs I would so thinks I am a bit of aan OTT organiser. I am not picking things up eg kettle/vases of flowers etc; they will wait…
I can not pick my first and little grandaughter up but she just snuggles in when put on my knee so she too will wait- I dont want a seroma if can be helped- or any rejection so I will bide my time…
In my white socks still (for 6 weeks) (Get 2nd pair from ward staff b4 uyou leave hospital)
In my Triumph High Impact sports bra night & day- got it given at hospital- Husband been to J Lewis to buy 2 nd to change with.
In my Matalan bonny coloured big knickers
In my Cotton Traders’ Lycra? & cotton trousers
Extending walking a bit every day
doing physio exercises…

Lying sleeping on my back (sleeping?)

Using perfumeless soap & now showering all over- YAY! But still supporting my beautiful new breast
My op will have its 3 week anniversary on Tues coming- I wonder when I can knit something for this grandchild without upsetting the boob? Everyone tells me I look really thin espec round the tummy- I am not known for thinness pre op though my abdomen was the smallest part of me as I am opposite of most British women as I am an upside down triangle- thus the need tp put on some weight there.
being called for tea by husband
no point in having a dog and barking yourself! Bless him! Now he knows what I have been spending my time doing all these years!

Have you got a date yet? We hAVE A GROUP OF VOLUNTEERS (ORGANISED BY THE 2 RECON NURSES ), WHO COME IN ONCE A MONTH TO DISPLAY THEIR ‘WARES’ RECONSTRUCTED BY ALL THE METHODS- INSPIRED ME. Darn sorry about the capitals. Also had a lady due to have our op who came into see ‘hot’ ward & chatted to me 2 days after my op. Maybe your hospital does these things?
Also Amanda

Good luck Amanda
Hope to see you on Wed for walk in woods if weather not like today and chemo on MOnday doesnt floor me xxx

Which Amanda? Does someone know me online here?

sorry chillipink I meant

Hi Northumbrian .yes provisional date 16th September.got to have MRI on Thursday.on the other breast to check there’s no dcis in their but if their is then it’s a double mx.surgeon said I’m pear shaped and an ideal candidate for diep .think she really means I’m a fat ****** with a belly that overhangs from Caesarian and hysterectomy.lol xx glad to read your on the mend.Amanda xx

Hi chez u ok .what time does the group meet and where

meet at bridgewater pub at 10.15 and the walk meant to start at 10.30. Do you know where Bridgewater is?? Its near that nice Italian restaurant called Milan on Barton Road
gonna try and go as this is last one for a while and would be good to meet other women going through this or who have come out other side

Yes I’ll be their went their for a meal other day.it’s not far from me I’m near jolly carter.I can’t wait to get out of the house as there’s only a certain amount of housework and gardening one can do.it’s really wierd being at home when your used to working long hours.it’s my 12th week off now.

I know I was diagnosed whilst on mat leave so Ive not worked since last Sept was supposed to go back this Sept for start of new term but alas fate had other plans.

hope to see you Wed

So is there a chance you had cancer while pregnant

he is ten months so not sure. Was grade 3 so fast growing but its not hormonal so the pregnancy not caused it. Its a complete mystery as why me why now but I suppose everyone thinks that

Yes everybody thinks that.I don’t drink or smoke and like you why me ,why now but we stop asking that and just accept it.I go to church and ask question all the time .there is no answer.but I’ll tell you I have got rid of all my toiletries ,make up,body products and anything with chemicals and aluminium in.I have researched 100’s of websites about aluminium and parabens and chemicals in body products.a lot of them have chemicals that mimic oestrogen so for me that is a no no.I’ve not used deodorant since I got diagnosed.aluminium deposits were found in breast cancer tissue samples.I know chemicals are everywhere and in the home and food but if I can make a start with my body then at least I’m doing my best for the fucker not to come back.aluminium on my pits for hour and hours seeping in because we shave under our arms,something I never realised or took much notice of until I got diagnosed.it’s made me well paranoid

What church you go to? Im at St marks every week the one on the roundabout.

Hi Chillipink

Had my reconstruction via DIEP 9 weeks ago, from the moment i opened my eyes after surgery it wes the best thing i have done since this whole cancer business started. I love my new boobs, yes boobs as i had reconstruction on the right and reduction on the left, both so perky its ridiculous but lovely ! I did have wound breakdown but the hospital was brilliant and all is well now, so please down worry about that. Every morning i look in the mirror and smile at them. You should have seen and heard me when i went bra shopping a few weeks ago, its the most amazing feeling having two again especially when you look down and can wear whatever tops you want again. Any worries you have put them to one side, it will make you so happy when you see the end result.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes

Sue x

Go to st michaels just after the unicorn on Liverpool rd.believe me I’ve been going a lot lately as feel I need something spiritual.I go tues and thurs evening at 7 and sometimes fri or Wednesday day.I don’t go on a Sunday morning as I’m addicted to boot sales so get up a 7 and go to a few for bargains

Hi sue thank you for that it’s given me confidence reading your post.yes that’s what I thought going down with 2 and coming back with 2.you say you had other breast uplifted at same time ,I woulnt mind that think I’ll mention it to p.s. Surgeon when I see her .thank you .positive stories are great to read.

Hi Ladies
Last night I was worried I had chirrupped on too positively about my recon experience- but Chillipink your reply to Sue made me realise maybe I hadn’t been over happy about it- I came on cos I saw some negative comments on the forum which might have put you off from making an open choice. It hasn’t been a walk in the park but it has been so worth it so far. Certainly Jinxy Sue is ahead of me & I was delighted to read your comments Sue.
I have always been aware of health things related to breast cancer so did not smoke (except2 yrs c. 20 a week during uni) never used antiperspirants or deodorants, walk everywhere (in a 6-8mile gp but more relaxed than Ramblers!), breast fed 3 children till they were 14months+ -then 2008- for 2 years went to lots of GPs saying I had a problem with right breast- but told no- had routine mammagrams… so I yapped to the new GP who referred me; I was well peed off & told the surgeon so when he spotted it in 2mins- Grr! Yes he said most women who come in to see him are at the healthiest they feel they have ever been & now this bloody thing.

I shouldn’t swear as I havent made it to mass this morning- was whacked after so long on my feet yesterday- but I DID sleep last night even if on my back- have done long dozes before this.
Chezza do I detect you are also a teacher? I used to teach my tutorial girls how to do breast checks as so many parents didnt- I hear one of my students found a lump years later.
I have theorised every contributory factor including chocolate!
Like you Chillipink I researched-I threw lots of parabens infested stuff out- I contacted companies- it seems most bar soaps eg acc to Simple do not have parabens in- tho most liquids/gels etc do hav ethem mineral oil in. I have stuff parabens free from Nealls Yard & health shops like Holland & Barrett. eg handcreams shampoo , conditioner, & use bar soap (helps me feel around for poss lumps too). I also went dairy free (YUK chemo did help me do that!) but then decided this dairy free had not helped Bernie Nolan beat her cancer so I have decided to try to avoid stress (try telling that to a new mum or teacher Chezzap). I drink fruit teas & avoid dairy when I can etc but don’t make a fuss when I have to have milk in stuff- just had a gift of butter fudge- someone HAS to eat it so…
I wish they could get to the bottom of the causes as I have 3 daughters & now a beautiful new grandaughter & I worry about them- did I say I was avoiding stress?
Amanda

PS It is lovely to hear what you all have to say as there is so little to be part of up here.
None of my business I know but I am a bit peed off with God that you have to have this distraction when you have a beautiful 10month old to enjoy, Chezza.
Let me know how you all get on.