Diet changes with a family ?

Hi - I’m recovering from a lumpectomy and auxiliary clearance and preparing for chemo, radiotherapy & hormone treatment.  I want to do everything I can to help my body through this and prevent reoccurrence so am doing a lot of research into integrative treatment and nutrition. Unlike cancer these are things I feel I have control over - which I really need right now! I have made a move away from sugar and alcohol and am considering a mainly plant based diet. As a mother of 2 boys who love all the foods I’m looking to avoid and a meat easing husband my question is how do I do this? Has anyone else found any good recipe resources that I can use so we are eating completely different food or do I have to just accept that’s the way it’s going to be? Thanks 

Hi K8

This is a really good site re clean eating and cancer rebeccakatz.com/recipe-box-menu

My little bit of advice regarding changing your diet is to make sure that you are getting all the nutrients/vitamins/minerals, as it is generally not recommended to take these in supplement form while having chemo and RT.  I was ‘fit and healthy’ prior to my diagnosis and generally ate a healthy balanced (less sugar and processed food) diet, so felt that I didn’t have to change much.  However, I’m a believer that there is always room for improvement but didn’t want to impact the family too much.  Always check with your Oncologist / BCN as they may have some good suggestions.  I am coming to the end of my chemo now and have had very few SE’s.  

I hope that helps.  All the best.