Dimpling

I noticed dimpling on my left breast several months ago. Didn’t think much of it. Went to the doctors yesterday about another matter and just thought I’d mention it. My doctor examined me and said I need to be seen at a hospital. I have no lumps,no other symptoms. The dimpling is mainly on my left breast but also slightly on the right too. I’ve been all over the internet and the only cause I can find for dimpling is cancer. Is this the case? I’m so frightened. Does anyone have any advice. Thank you

Dear Nina1973

Welcome to the BCC forum.  I’m sorry you are feeling so frightened.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

You could also contact our Helpline to talk things over.  They can offer you practical information and emotional support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Cancer is not the only cause of dimpling. Saw the consultant today. Two years ago,I lost a lot of weight but have now put some back on. As a result my skin has lost elasticity and that is what has caused mine. I had a mammogram and everything was ok. I do realise how lucky I am. I just wish everyone was