Do I book or not?

Hi All, I hope you are keeping strong,

Okay, this is a bit complicated so I’ll try and keep it as succinct as possible.

I was diagnosed 28/12/2001 and had chemo, followed by a lumpectomy with WLE and removal of some lymph nodes (thankfully clear), followed by radiotherapy.

20 years has now passed & things are mostly going well (touch wood). In May this year I was concerned about a stabbing pain in my ‘other’ breast and was referred to our local clinic for tests. They gave me a mammogram, decided I didn’t need a scan and sent me home with a leaflet on Evening Primrose Oil and another to mark my menstrual cycle against the pains. (I can’t remember from 20 years ago!).

I later got a copy of their letter to my gp saying I had complained of aches and heaviness. Neither word used by me. They were extremely patronising throughout, complaining about the number of women suddenly being referred with aching breasts since the death of Sarah Harding.

Today, I have received my 3 year mammogram invite which would be done at a different clinic. 

What I would like someone’s opinion on is, do I book this one? I know before they’ve been strict about how soon it has been since the last one. 

Obviously if that’s a genuine medical reason then I wouldn’t go, but, could I perhaps, ahem, ‘forget’ that I went in May and see if they notice?

I honestly can’t remember whether they took images of both breasts when I went, I just wanted to get away from them. It is possible they only did the breast I complained about. They were certainly in a hurry to get through all these ‘annoying patients’.

I promise I won’t use any replies as my only decision, but I would be interested to hear what you would do in the same circumstances.

Thanks for your time.

Stay safe x

I got called up for a routine screening  mammogram a couple of months ago ,it was the first one post 5 year yearly monitoring . I queried whether I needed it as I had a mammogram last year - they said as long as you haven’t had one in the last 6 months you should go ahead . I would just take the appointment .
Jill

Hi, if you’ve been invited then go… I developed a third primary BC less than a year after a negative mammogram ( in the other breast) and I had been taking tamoxifen at the time…I would never miss any invited mammogram.

take good care