does my doctor know i have breast cancer?

Hello everyone. I felt a lump on sunday night and went to my doctors on wed. I was really expecting her to tell me it was nothing to worry about.  Instead, after an examination she immediately said “i am treating this as suspected cancer and referring you as urgent”. When i asked her what happens at the breast clinic she told me about the mammogram, scan and biopsy and said " then they will discuss your treatment plan". 

My mam passed away from breast cancer 3 years ago so i understand her concern about our family history. My appointment is on the 16th june.  I cant stop thinking about how serious my doctor sounded, can she possibly know or have a strong suspicion by a breast exam?  Thank you, and please be honest with me! X

Hi rara74

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough time at the moment.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their support do give the BCC helpline a call.  Here you can talk through your concerns and how you are feeling with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and

Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator