Drain not working

Well the doctors I saw last Sunday were wrong! The drain has not been working properly. After I had the drain removed on Friday the seroma which had already begun to form became huge. I went back to the casualty department. Had to wait several hours. I was seen by a lovely young Doctor who is on the breast care surgical team. She said that the drain can’t have been working properly! The drain hole was still open so she simply squeezed all the liquid out through the hole. There was rather a lot of it!! She said it would probably refill which it has. So she said I could go back tonight and go straight up to the surgical unit. I won’t need to wait in A&E first.

1 Like

I’m sorry you had to wait so long to get the proper help . The mechanism looked like it should have been working but as first blood then seroma was collecting and then leaking it obviously wasn’t but at least you can go straight up to the unit if you need to now which was what I had hoped you would be able to do before . I hope it settles down soon. Xx

1 Like