Drain problem

Noticed at 10 o’clock last night that the vacuum on my drain wasn’t working. Rang the ward who advised a&e today. Slept really badly - lots more pain than usual - is that just a coincidence, all in my mind or relevant I wonder.
So here I am in a&e. Triage nurse rang someone who said they wouldn’t do anything with the drain. Surely I either need it or I don’t? Seems a long time till Monday.
Sitting here in tears - something I avoid at all costs in public - and on my own. Waiting blood test results.
Don’t like this ride. Want to get off!

Oh dear Mac

If you need to talk to someone in confidence our helpline opens at 10am today.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

I can’t offer any practical advice but I am thinking of you and sending a hug.  Are they sending you home without doing anything or any advice?

Sent me home. Told me to take the codein I was prescribed after the op and not to worry. Really lovely doctor but she couldn’t understand why I was upset. Not sure I get it myself!

Sending you gentle hugs but wish I could do more. Such a horrible experience for you and you have every right to have a good cry snd feel very sorry for yourself. How are you feeling now? ?

I was told to go back to the ward,and avoid A&E…a horrible time.Have been through this,and the tears come from nowhere.Surely the nurse could revac the drain???Take care,keep us posted

Maybe I’ll ring the ward tomorrow - avoid the night staff! ( no offence to anyone!)
Just feel so low today. Think the codeine gave me a headache so I might avoid it in future.
Thanks for all the virtual hugs!
X

More virtual hugs to you, hope you get help tomorrow. I 'm allergic to codeine snd Tramadol so only use Ibuprofen and paracetamol. Either take both together or separately at intervals. Have you tried these at all? X

Called the district nurse team this morning. They were round in an hour. Drain changed. Why didn’t I do that yesterday?
Back on track. I don’t think there’ll be too many tears today!
X