Emmerdale

Emmerdale’s latest storyline is about Zac, Lisa and Joannie the lodger. Big-hearted Lisa invited homeless Joannie to move in with them but her kindness has back-fired, Zac and Joannie have been spending too much time together. Déjà vu! Some time ago I took pity on a woman who complained she was lonely.Soon she began visiting on a daily basis. She particularly enjoyed the company of my spouse. One day she asked him to do a small job for her and he agreed, but then she started asking for more and more and more “help”. He was inundated with requests, each one cheekier than the last, then she began asking for lifts too. On the day that I was informed of my diagnosis I told her that I had cancer. Naturally I assumed that out of compassion her demands would now cease but I was very much mistaken. One day I had no option but to let her know  that this situation could not go on because my husband’s priority was looking after me. She reacted with fury and accused me of being unreasonable! I won’t be taking pity on any more “lonely” women in the future that’s for sure.

You are quite right to look after yourself and your needs. It would be nice if she perhaps returned some favours in your time of need! So sorry to hear that your kindness was taken for granted. Take care and good luck?x